Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just about said something to "Got Harley" guy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have to "ride in the back"? That's respect? Hmmm. I guess "what you ride" really does matter more than "who you are" to those guys.

Comment

Lithium maybe help?

Comment

Originally posted by WolfworksCustoms View Post
        Except for the XR750, Harleys werent meant to be "fast"....my 85 VN700 can beat out a 1340 Harley in a 1/4 mile. So what ? (I usuallu putt at 45mph)....if ya want speed, ya buy a fast bike...Around my area, sportbikers get pulled over by cops more than Harleys and cruisers do. A few folks in this thread just keep making themselves look more ignorant each time they post (wont mention names). Grow the fook up already. You gonna bash a 60's Triumph ?...or vintage BSA too, just because yer lil rice rocket yer mom and dad bought ya is faster ????...thats BS.....many of the HA started on Triumphs BTW....

There are Brit freaks out there....BMW freaks....Harley freaks, and Jap freaks....why cause a buncha crap and controversy just because someone favors one brand ?....i dont get that....I been almost 100% General Motors my whole life (mostly Chevy), but Ive owned Fords and Mopars....do I bash the non GM brands ?....no....why ???? because Im an adult....and I RESPECT everyones freedom to chose their own.

You kiddies that are addicted to speed....just so ya know....3/4 of the biker community hope you wrap yerselves around poles or paint a concrete abutment.....why ?....because you give all others a bad name.....
        You call the Angels punks ?....they do speed limit....they dont street race....all you clowns on yer rockets give bikers a bad name....insurance rates climb because of you types.

Ive been asked to prospect for both the HA and a few suport clubs. I cant anymore because I ride Jap....but I still party with em, ride with em (in the back natch), but am accepted because of WHO I am....and honestly, WHO you are, means a lot more than what ya ride. When ya grow up, you'll learn that.
        Like Trent said....there aint no animosity towards Jappers from Harley riders. It all depends on yer attitude. And a few here have shown why they shoud be shunned....

heres a shot of me at a mostly Harley/Indian/Triumph gathering....ALL accepted me, gave me free beers, etc....its all in your individual attitudes that causes issues....

I saw a guy on a KZ wearin a tee shirt that said "rice is nice"....found out he hit a truck head on fe weeks later while doin about 90 in a 30mph zone....no fookin loss....

Mebbe its the age thing....I dunno......when I was in my 20s, I raced dirt track, and motocross....I ran a Harley XR750 on the flattrack and a Bultaco 250 motocross....right on the edge too....Ive paid for it....broke my spine once....herniated disks....scars all over....splenectomy.....I raced cars on the dragstrip too....10 second 1/4's ansd 130 from a streetcar....when I got older, it went away....sheee-it....I been in an F-105 with the afterburners on and yer cheeks meet yer ears....

But ya cant bash folks who just like to putt, cruise, etc.......when ya get older, ya lose yer "edge", unless ya die first....do what ya gotta do in yer teens and 20s....I did.....but as soon as ya get a family, get a lil older, yer values change....ya slow down some....

My daughter was born 32 yrs ago....I sold my last Harley then....I made her my priority....sold my 911 Porsche too...I didnt ride for 30 years....both my kids are grown and moved on....I started ridin again.....5 yrs now....and Im buildin the sweetest bikes again just like I did in the 70s....

Some of you need to get off yer high horses, and start facing the reality that is life. Yer rice rocket highs wont last forever....you got basically from age 18- 30 mebbe ?...prepare to be an olf fart like me....it hits ya before ya know it....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43192[/ATTACH]
        Lol....the stereo type of the obnoxious Harley biker is alive and well. Nice! Drinking multiple beers while at "gathering" and giving the finger. Who needs to grow the "Fook" up?? Lol...what a beauty.
        No signature :(

Comment

Originally posted by rudeman View Post
          Have to "ride in the back"? That's respect? Hmmm. I guess "what you ride" really does matter more than "who you are" to those guys.
          Well, someone needs to follow behind on a reliable ride to pick up the parts that vibrate off the Harleys.
          1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

Originally posted by TxGSrider View Post
            Well, someone needs to follow behind on a reliable ride to pick up the parts that vibrate off the Harleys.
            And their owners
            sigpic

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.

Comment

Originally posted by rudeman View Post
              That was a knee slapper.
              81 gs 1100 E One owner,Me.

Comment

Hardley Ableson:
                Customized Harley Bagger crash near the Rock Store. Great recovery, used momentum to land back on his feet then just walked away while bike was still crashin...

Comment

Except for the XR750, Harleys werent meant to be "fast"....my 85 VN700 can beat out a 1340 Harley in a 1/4 mile. So what ? (I usuallu putt at 45mph)....if ya want speed, ya buy a fast bike...Around my area, sportbikers get pulled over by cops more than Harleys and cruisers do. A few folks in this thread just keep making themselves look more ignorant each time they post (wont mention names). Grow the fook up already. You gonna bash a 60's Triumph ?...or vintage BSA too, just because yer lil rice rocket yer mom and dad bought ya is faster ????...thats BS.....many of the HA started on Triumphs BTW....

There are Brit freaks out there....BMW freaks....Harley freaks, and Jap freaks....why cause a buncha crap and controversy just because someone favors one brand ?....i dont get that....I been almost 100% General Motors my whole life (mostly Chevy), but Ive owned Fords and Mopars....do I bash the non GM brands ?....no....why ???? because Im an adult....and I RESPECT everyones freedom to chose their own.

You kiddies that are addicted to speed....just so ya know....3/4 of the biker community hope you wrap yerselves around poles or paint a concrete abutment.....why ?....because you give all others a bad name.....
                  You call the Angels punks ?....they do speed limit....they dont street race....all you clowns on yer rockets give bikers a bad name....insurance rates climb because of you types.

Ive been asked to prospect for both the HA and a few suport clubs. I cant anymore because I ride Jap....but I still party with em, ride with em (in the back natch), but am accepted because of WHO I am....and honestly, WHO you are, means a lot more than what ya ride. When ya grow up, you'll learn that.
                  Like Trent said....there aint no animosity towards Jappers from Harley riders. It all depends on yer attitude. And a few here have shown why they shoud be shunned....

heres a shot of me at a mostly Harley/Indian/Triumph gathering....ALL accepted me, gave me free beers, etc....its all in your individual attitudes that causes issues....

I saw a guy on a KZ wearin a tee shirt that said "rice is nice"....found out he hit a truck head on fe weeks later while doin about 90 in a 30mph zone....no fookin loss....

Mebbe its the age thing....I dunno......when I was in my 20s, I raced dirt track, and motocross....I ran a Harley XR750 on the flattrack and a Bultaco 250 motocross....right on the edge too....Ive paid for it....broke my spine once....herniated disks....scars all over....splenectomy.....I raced cars on the dragstrip too....10 second 1/4's ansd 130 from a streetcar....when I got older, it went away....sheee-it....I been in an F-105 with the afterburners on and yer cheeks meet yer ears....

But ya cant bash folks who just like to putt, cruise, etc.......when ya get older, ya lose yer "edge", unless ya die first....do what ya gotta do in yer teens and 20s....I did.....but as soon as ya get a family, get a lil older, yer values change....ya slow down some....

My daughter was born 32 yrs ago....I sold my last Harley then....I made her my priority....sold my 911 Porsche too...I didnt ride for 30 years....both my kids are grown and moved on....I started ridin again.....5 yrs now....and Im buildin the sweetest bikes again just like I did in the 70s....

Some of you need to get off yer high horses, and start facing the reality that is life. Yer rice rocket highs wont last forever....you got basically from age 18- 30 mebbe ?...prepare to be an olf fart like me....it hits ya before ya know it....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43192[/ATTACH]
                  Hang around a while, we're not all Harley bashing punk kids. Although it is entertaining once in a while. In fact many here I can pretty much guarantee have many more years, owned many more motorcycles (including Harleys), wrenched and raced for many more years than you can imagine. Me ....ridden and owned motorcycles for a total of about 1,000,000 kms over the last 50 years without missing a year by the way. Did some racing and wrenching too. I'll also guarantee there are many members here that have done lots more than I have. There's a bunch of great, accepting people here, if you can your attitude we'll probably can ours. Nice to see you're back into riding. Enjoy the ride.
                  '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/
                  https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4306/35860327946_08fdd555ac_z.jpg

Comment

.insurance rates climb because of you types
                    Oh?
                    Hardley Ableson:
                    Customized Harley Bagger crash near the Rock Store. Great recovery, used momentum to land back on his feet then just walked away while bike was still crashin...

Our local government insurance yard is a veritable forest of bent ape-hangers.
                    Suzuki GS550; Kawasaki H-1E, GPz900; Honda MT250, CB400F, CB550, GL500, CBR929.

Comment

You said that you were "outta here" two pages ago.
                      Suzuki GS550; Kawasaki H-1E, GPz900; Honda MT250, CB400F, CB550, GL500, CBR929.

Comment

I wonder who's stealing Harly's and who's buying the parts, don't see many in the hood. Gotta pay them club dues. I do like the 750 flat trackers of the day, also old Britt stuff. If you can see the motor It's probably cool.

Comment

Hey! my girlfriends family rides all kinds of bikes her dad is 53 and still "gets it" on a dirtbike they have a couple sportbikes and her mom and dad mainly ride Harleys on the street. Girlfriends parents and their friends-who almost all ride harleys are a rowdy bunch, but they are clean cut older people who are business owners and respectable people in town.
                          I'll tell a joke if I may, Where is the best place to hide money from a harley rider,

Under a bar of soap... ten year old kid told me that! its a joke calm down

Comment

What is the difference between a Hover Vacuum and a Harly, The position of the Dirt bag... Settle down now .

Comment

I find the whole factionalization of the sport to be ridiculous.

As I see it there are 2 basic riders - those who love and find joy in simply riding, regardless of the chosen mount. They understand that the act of riding trancends by far a brand or riding style.
                              Then there are those who do it for an image...
                              I will never understand the - insert chosen brand here - or walk mentality.

I've been snubbed by many a HD rider on the road and couldn't care less.
                              Last edited by dorkburger; 12-09-2015, 10:14 PM.
                              sigpic
                              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                              -Rusty old scooter.
                              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

*snip*

Closer to 50 than 40 these days but still have a faired superbike in the garage... hopefully always will. It's funny that the superbikes of the 80's (the reason for this website) are exceedingly comfortable and easy to ride very long distances, yet are still "rice rockets for young people" to many. After riding a number of cruiser style bikes through my job, I'd can honestly say that I'd rather do a cross-country trip on one of my 1100's than on a Harley or other cruiser... they tout comfort as one of their strongest selling features but it's really hard on the spine and tailbone to be sitting bolt-upright like that for long periods. Give me a little rake please, or better yet, a lot of rake. I've had lower back issues for over 20 years now but still find supersport machines easiest on my body... I'm thinking it's the way that the riding position stretches my back muscles out that does it... of course the high foot pegs do give my legs fits at times but that's likely an issue for anybody over six feet tall. But cramped muscles beat bees flying up your pant-legs any day!
                                2005 Suzuki Hayabusa
                                2010 Suzuki GSX1250FA
                                2015 BMW RnineT

Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X