Swing and a miss...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swing and a miss...

My buddy and I decided in 2007 to head to Prudoe Bay, AK on our 'other GS's' and planned 4 weeks from our Olympic Pennisula homes. Our biggest fear was the Fairbanks to Prudoe and back gravel roads and crashing during the Grizzly migration that August.
    We actually had the most interesting time the 4th day up in the Yukon when on a clear, open 2 lane at 7 am two mule deer jumped the road and crossed between us while we drove by at 75 mph. It was a sweeping left turn through dense forest and we had the big BMW's eclipsing for all they were worth, such a beautiful day. Our 200 yard separation was timed by the deer to pass left to right directly behind my buddy about 30 feet from his rear tire.
    My view was perfect, he never saw a thing. Their lateral velocity jump was fast enough that they were gone through the trees on the right side of the road when I passed their exit point.
    I still think the smaller one was thinking like Donkey when he turned to Shrek and said "LETs DO THAT AGAIN!!!"

Ew, that story could have had a lot different ending.

You got any pictures of that trip?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

YouTube of trip

Yessir!
      Here is the link of a fun trip. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KLGkMQpfGw
      Thank you for helping me with the link conversion from IPad to PC.
      Roscoe

Comment

Working...
      X