i went down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i went down

only doing about 10 or 20...not sure where i went wrong but hit the side of the road in a slow turn..seen a stupid concreat thing that was worthless...an front tire locked up an so on...

Don't look too bad, a bit of ABS slurry or bondo and she will be as good as new,,,and a new mirror...

glad to hear your OK, well you at least don't mention your hurt, that is always a good thing...

maybe a bruised ego.....

Comment

Ouch! As GateKeeper said, glad you're ok! The fairing looks to be missing a good chunk, is it repairable or do you have to replace it? Tank damage is never any fun. Hope the damage wasn't any more extensive!
      IBA# 12860
      Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
      1984 KZ1100R
      2008 Kawasaki KLR650
      2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Originally posted by eddie21 View Post
        Ouch! As GateKeeper said, glad you're ok! The fairing looks to be missing a good chunk, is it repairable or do you have to replace it? Tank damage is never any fun. Hope the damage wasn't any more extensive!

i dented the tank myself to tuck my knees...

im just buying a new fairing soon...i have someone local wanting this one i think

im hit my leg on something rather hard...not ego hurt...kinda upset it bent my gixxer controls more then anything

Comment

Bummer! sorry for that.
          sigpic

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.

Comment

Glad you're ok. Sorry to hear about your bike, I realize all the work you've done to it. You can fix bikes though..
            Rob
            1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
            Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Glad your OK,sorry about the bike damage.
              http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/u...00080021-1.jpg
              1978 GS1000C
              1979 GS1000E
              1980 GS1000E
              2004 Roadstar

Comment

Thats a real stinker. Glad you're ok. If a crash angers one, thats good. it means the rider isn't hurt bad enough to forget about the machine.
                Last edited by dorkburger; 02-18-2013, 05:26 PM. Reason: poor grammar
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                -Rusty old scooter.
                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear of you misfortune. I'm happy you're OK and the bike doesn't look too messed up. You've done good work on it. Take care.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
                    Hi,

I'm sorry to hear of you misfortune. I'm happy you're OK and the bike doesn't look too messed up. You've done good work on it. Take care.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
                    got my spare mirror on, foot control unbent...and fairing in useable order

Comment

I've seen your bike...on here that is...sorry to hear about your accident and glad you are OK.

Getting your bike back together is great news!

Ed
                      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)

Comment

Man, that hurts! Were you wearing protective gear that helped? Glad you are ok but the bike's so nice, it isn't fair. ...there's so much that might be done to encourage bikes instead of installing hazards to wipe them out.

Comment

Sure you ain't hurt?

Have you checked your butt to see if there's a crack?
                          Don't laugh, it can happen.
                          1982 GS1100G- road bike
                          1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine)
                          1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                            Have you checked your butt to see if there's a crack?
                            Don't laugh, it can happen.
                            yup i ordered me a new one

Comment

Nice looking bike. I'm sorry it got cracked up. Man, can that be upsetting. It's very hard to simply be thankful that you are generally unscathed and that it wasn't worse when your baby is all messed up, but that's exactly what you need to do. That and get to work.

Again, sorry...

Comment

Working...
                              X