i think i started a GS1100E trend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think i started a GS1100E trend

i got my bike from my dads friend who bought it off him 15 something years ago and fixed it up.

a couple days ago my parents were at there vacation home and up the street our neighbor has a collection of vintage bikes and it turns out he just bought a red 82 GS1100E with a bassani pipe and corbin gunfighter seat(which he said he would trade for my stock seat) when we just got my bike the neighbor came over and looked at it and really liked it, so i think i influenced him a little.

today i just heard that my dads other friend who had a GS1100E when it was new and sold it to his uncle for like $200 back in the day, just bought it back and fixed it up. he also heard that i bought the old GS when i first got it less then a year ago.

spreading the sickness?

Old bikes and hotrods are cherished memories for many, and seeing them in the flesh often fires up old passions...I saw a 70 malibu with 2 4 barrels poking thru the hood today, and was instantly longing to bang gears in my 66 elcamino..Fortunately, bikes unlike many old musclecars are still relatively affordable.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Too bad we can't restore a bunch of old Farrah Fawcetts or Barbi Bentons.

Comment

I passed by a 4 X 4 Chevelle today. More ground clearance than most 4 by's I've seen.

Don't know anything about 4 by's or Chevelle's, or cars really, but enjoy watching Vanishing Point every six months or so. Also saw a white Pinto yesterday.

Nothing to do with GS 1100's, but old muscle nonetheless, with the exception of the Pinto.
        GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Working...
        X