Blue Ridge GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue Ridge GS

I found these pictures of a lot younger wedoo2. A couple of picks of a friend and me and one of our trips to the Smokies. At the time this was my second bike, a GS400 that I had had for about 3 years so that brings the time to about 1982. As you can see I did add a couple of things to the bike, a new paint job, Rooster Fairing and a dippy seat. But it was a lot smarter than the stock seat for distance riding. The Rooster held a radio / cassette combo that worked great. Played my Journey and Alan Parsons tapes! My bud had a Silver Wing, but it was not silver. Neat bike to ride and smooth as a big Wing with all the same goodies.

Here we are on the Blue Ridge Parkway loaded down.

This is in a campground in Tennessee somewhere.

This is a picture of young wedoo2 celebrating another day of living. Mt. Mitchell in the background. On top of ole Smokie is actually wedo hair. That is as gone as the 400.

Bikes near Mt Mitchell. This may be have been taken in Virginia, (not the mountain) but a lot of days have passed since then.

This is how skinny we were. My bud in this one. We camped out along a stream just north of the main drag in Pigeon Forge, TN. Probably built up by now.

Nice!!

Too Cool!!
    And I know about the hair and being "skinny" as well.
    Thanks for sharing.
    G
    sigpic1983 1100 Katana - soon to be turbo Busa powered.
    2007 GSXR1K-Sold-But not forgotten.
    Have 2X ZG14 engine's for '81 GS750E project.
    '82 GS750E frame is TITLED awaiting GSXR1127/12B engine and '81 1100E slowly being built.:eek:

Comment

Those were some fun times. There were a few of us that used to go to the Smokies every year from Indiana. All of them had larger bikes, a GS750, 1000, Wings, and I had to keep up with them. I managed. One year I rode a Triumph Bonneville down there and it was a lot of fun, and not a whole lot different than my 400. Except it did not have rear brakes. Just used the front. Imagine taking off for a week without rear brakes in the mountains and riding like maniacs????

Comment

Cool pictures thanks for sharing.
        sigpic

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.

Comment

Very cool, thanks for sharing. Perhaps an old times/ the way we were thread might be cool. My cycling days have spanned from chubby faced, bad haircut early 20s to less chubby faced/long haired mid 20s ( if i ever had a chance of being cool, this would have been the time ) to now. 41 and boring. i may need to look thru my pictures...
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Looks like you had a great time. It is always nice to go for a trip with buddies and have a fab time once every year.

Comment

Working...
            X