No announcement yet.

GS Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday evening, Delaware, OH, St. Rt. 521 by Oakland Nursery and the DQ I saw a lady riding a small twin GS. Guy behind her was riding a inline 4 Honda.

Comment

Rosebank Rd, Auckland New Zealand ???????????

Heres one for anyone in Auckland NZ.

One morning last week (on one of those awful rainy days) I saw a really nice GS1000S - red one. Went around the roundabout on Rosebank Rd ahead of me....

Anyone on this forum ????? If you are ever in the area again drop in to 580C - Land Rover Parts building and say hi.

Bill
      Bill Alexander
      New Zealand
      78 GS1000 - Red
      02 GSX1400 - Blue

Its is all about the journey not the destination

Comment

Any members riding in the Tri-Cities of TN?

In the past 3 weeks I've seen at least a hald dozen nice GS Middle Weights. The most recent being what appeared to be a GS550(?) Katana on Fort Henry Drive near the I-81 overpass. Man, we'd have enough for a decent local rally if these riders would speak up.
        Willie
        Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
        '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
        '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
        '82 GS1100G Resto project

Comment

Saw a younger guy today (Sunday 8/9) in Westville Indiana on a blue GS 750 with a 4-1 pipe. Nice looking bike. I even went up to the apartment he went into and asked about it.

Comment

The other day while riding not too far from my home, I saw a familiar shape parked out by a barn. Turned around and pulled in and saw this:

Anybody know what it is?
            (sorry about the close picture, I was on my bike and there wasn't much room so I was pretty close)

I went back today with a note, saying I stopped to admire his GS, leave my email address, and direct him to this site.

As I was taking the picture, a guy comes out of the house: "Can I help you? Are you the guy who left a note the other day?"

I said, "Someone left a note? No, it wasn't me. I was just about to leave one, though. What note did someone leave?"

Someone else had ridden by and left a note asking if he wanted to sell his bike

We talked for a bit, and I told him about all the wonderful GS help there is here. Maybe we'll see him around.

Too bad about his flat tire.
            "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51693054986_036c0d6951_m.jpg https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51693282393_74ae51fbf9_m.jpg https://flic.kr/p/2mKXzTx]

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
              The other day while riding not too far from my home, I saw a familiar shape parked out by a barn. Turned around and pulled in and saw this:

Anybody know what it is?
              (sorry about the close picture, I was on my bike and there wasn't much room so I was pretty close)

I went back today with a note, saying I stopped to admire his GS, leave my email address, and direct him to this site.

As I was taking the picture, a guy comes out of the house: "Can I help you? Are you the guy who left a note the other day?"

I said, "Someone left a note? No, it wasn't me. I was just about to leave one, though. What note did someone leave?"

Someone else had ridden by and left a note asking if he wanted to sell his bike

We talked for a bit, and I told him about all the wonderful GS help there is here. Maybe we'll see him around.

Too bad about his flat tire.
              '81 or '82 GS750GL. Looks like she needs some love.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom MLC View Post
                '81 or '82 GS750GL. Looks like she needs some love.
                If it is.........it's a rare bird indeed. GS750GL's were only sold in Japan. I'd guess it's an 850.
                Larry D
                1980 GS450S
                1981 GS450S
                2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

The guy told me it was an 82 650. Bought it sometime in 2008. I don't know when or how the tire went flat, but hopefully he'll "bring" it here to the GSR and it'll get the love it needs.
                  "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51693054986_036c0d6951_m.jpg https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51693282393_74ae51fbf9_m.jpg https://flic.kr/p/2mKXzTx]

Comment

JULY 2008:

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                    At Muskegon Bike Time, on the main street.
                    Saw the 4th GK that I have ever seen. And it was quite nice, all stock, all there, shiney, stock seat, not all sun faded, with a cycle sound system.
                    And I had camera.
                    Anybody here ?

Yep, 4th one I have ever seen.
                    1st: Steve Giblet's (Texas March 2005)
                    2nd: the one I got (Nov 2006)
                    3rd: one a guy in chicago area was parting out on ebay, and I got some parts (2007).
                    4th: this one.

JULY 2009:

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                    Pictures of some bikes I saw at Muskegon Bike Time.
                    Saw this same GK last year. (better pic of it in last years pictures)

AUGUST 2009

A couple weeks ago wife and I were down by the beach, eating at Butch's Beach Burrito, here in Grand Haven. Saw a GK go by towards the beach/pier. Then later, as we were about to pull out of parking lot (in our van), the same GK goes by towards downtown, so I followed it/him. He pulled into a parking lot, so I pulled in also.

We chatted for a while, and agreed that yah is probably the one I saw at Muskegon Bike Time a few weeks ago and the year prior also.

I think he said his name was Greg (?), and is from Sparta (about 50 miles from here).

Then he says "Hey, you the guy that left a GSResource card on my bike at Muskegon Bike Time a year ago?"
                    (Yep)
                    And he goes on to say that he had checked out the forumn and had got some usefull info.
                    (I didnt gather if he registered or not.)
                    (I didnt gather if he still had the card.)

We could have chatted more, but my wife was getting annoyed waiting, and he was there with his son(?) to go for walk and see some things.

Last edited by Redman; 08-28-2009, 08:43 PM. Reason: add quotes
                    http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
                    Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

Saw a blue (81, 82?)GS850G parked next to the gazebo in dowtown Harrison, OH (town where I live) yesterday. First time I have ever seen another GS in Harrison. It had a Windjammer fairing. It was parked there for a few hours.
                      Last edited by Guest; 09-20-2009, 02:23 PM.

Comment

There is a black w red stripe 78 GS1000 leaning on a tree in some guys front yard in downtown Kennewick.

It's been there for the last 2 years that I know of.. Not to bad looking considering it's situation.

Comment

Some crazy kid named Chris showed up at my place on a black/gold '82 GS850G last night.

Nice, clean looking bike, with all manners of ammo boxes and aluminum panniers festooned fore and aft.

Said he was riding around the world, or something nutty like that...

I hope he makes it.

Comment

Not a GS, but clearly trying to look like one. I saw some guy riding one of these new Suzuki TS250s around town in Seattle yesterday afternoon.

It's actually the first time I've seen one of those actually on the road. I'd never want one, too small for highway, but I can see tooling around in it in the city.

Comment

Ted,
                              was it this bike? I've heard of him too, he's nuts :P

Comment

China GS Hell YA

...on my recent trip to china I spotted a GS not sure the year but I would guess 1985???

GS125

outside this place in China

Comment

Working...
                                X