TDOP clocks up 300,000ks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TDOP clocks up 300,000ks

Yesterday The Dirty Old Pig clocked up 300,000ks.Saturday was my grandsons 3rd birthday and by chance The Nitro Circus stunt team was performing in Coffs Harbour that afternoon so his birthday present was a no brainer.If the Nitro Circus comes to a town near you make sure you go and have a look because it's so much more than just stunts.When the young bloke in the wheelchair is sitting at the top of a 40 foot jump while they tell you his story and show you some of his crashes it brings a lump to the throat.He is an amazing man.I left home at 6am Friday and rode 1,200ks non stop and arrived at Coffs just in time to put my grandkids to bed.I left Coffs Monday morning and halfway down The Putty Road,one of OZ's best bike roads,The Pig clocked up the 27,300ks needed to add to the 272,700ks it had when I rewound the speedo during it's rebuild.Just as I had taken my speedo photo a bike pulled up to see if I needed a hand.I did and so Dave from Dallas,Texas took my photo.He was an interesting bloke."So what's a Yank doing on The Putty Road.Holidays?""No,I've been living in OZ farrr tooo looong.""What's a Yank doing riding a Yamaha.My 2 Harleys have been stolen so I bought a Yamaha Royal Star and I can leave the keys in it and no one even touches it!"2,700ks,3 days riding,grandkids,my son and daughter in law,the Nitro Circus and some of OZ's best roads.The Pig is now resting,awaiting his next adventure.

Gooo the pig .
    And go the old fart on it .

Cheers, Simon.
    http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/h...esMapSimon.jpg

'79 GS1000S my daily ride in Aus

'82 (x2) GS650ET in the shed

Comment

TDOP proudly showing off 300,000ks.

Comment

Dave from Dallas Texas turned up right on cue.

Comment

Simon now that I've got grandkids TDOP will never get further north than Coffs.My son spent 6 months in Cairns living at Trinity Beach.Lots of great riding but are the roads ever empty?

Comment

Take a bow, Brother.
            Sounds like an excellent way to have hit that milestone.
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

You mean choked up like this Max ?

I think the Pig would love it up this way .

Cheers , Simon .
              http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/h...esMapSimon.jpg

'79 GS1000S my daily ride in Aus

'82 (x2) GS650ET in the shed

Comment

Working...
              X