my throttle stuck....video inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my throttle stuck....video inside

kinda freaky...was about to haul ass in some corners...this was right after the valve adjustment...i though man i must have got something wrong i have no power...video explains all

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

ha,ha,ha,ha....niceee.... gotta love those easy fixes. I bet that video get a lot of watches.
    Rob
    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by gs850cafe View Post
      kinda freaky...was about to haul ass in some corners...this was right after the valve adjustment...i though man i must have got something wrong i have no power...video explains all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS1g6sQee90
      I had the clutch cable jam up the throttle holding it wide open, it was not good! I make sure said cable is where it belongs now

Comment

Originally posted by nejeff View Post
        I had the clutch cable jam up the throttle holding it wide open, it was not good! I make sure said cable is where it belongs now
        same here...i had moved my clutch cable over to get my valve cover out...figured it poped out of its holder between the carbs

Comment

I lol'd.

Comment

I found SOMEONE ELSE'S pliers jammed down between the airbox and rear fender when I first picked up my 650. I must have put on a couple of hundred miles on the bike that way...evidence suggested they had been there a lot longer than that.

Glad it wasn't a serious problem.

PS the bike is looking nice. Kind of grooving on the Air Force grey
            '83 GS650G
            '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

whew... that was a good one!
              1982 GS1100G

....I've learned alot by making stupid mistakes..

Comment

I had to giggle, it is always the simple things that get us. On the WV rally as few years back I lost my kick starter lever. I had been in a hurry to get the bike going for the rally and had not seated it and tightened it as much as it should. Rode 145 miles with no issue. Left the camp ground and rode 10 miles and (fortunately) saw the lever fly off when I checked my mirror. Only took me 15 minutes hunting the ditch line to find it lol.

Comment

Working...
                X