National Ploughing Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National Ploughing Championships

You just have to see a Plough Match. There is something special about watching a man setting a plough with his horse waiting and then ploughing a furrow like an arrow - it's man and the earth.
    My Wife is setting up her stall to sell the best chicken paintings you ever saw and I am crew chief. We loaded the wagon and I rode the bike 'cause I have to be back tomorrow for stuff but honestly I was not looking forward to 160 mile round trip at motorway speeds mixing with heavy weekday traffic in mist and fog - a soft day - in failing light. It's been a while since I had to ride in all weather on muddy twisty two lane roads. I don't know if it's me or the GS but it felt so much more secure coming home tonight than I ever remember in the old days. Can I actually be better than I was when I was 30 ? Eh! No.

Mary is running a free competition for a print, just tell her which is your favourite chicken and why. We made a deal that I quit smoking an get back on a bike so you guys are important so blow her mind and send her a mail
    97 R1100R
    Previous
    80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

The blue one
    OMG it is fantastic
    I like it cause I never saw a blue chicken before
    it blows my mind
    van gogh esque

Your not as good as when you were 30

Comment

You may not be any better but your tires are.
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

My favorite chicken is chicken#5
        Your wife is very talented! Message sent
        My Motorcycles:
        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
        79 1000e (all original)
        82 850g (all original)
        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by Brendan W View Post
          You just have to see a Plough Match. There is something special about watching a man setting a plough with his horse waiting and then ploughing a furrow like an arrow - it's man and the earth.
          Ploughing in Ireland, plowing in the states. Haven't seen a Plough Match but have seen many horses plowing in a field. I grew up not far from Sugarcreek, Ohio, USA and Holmes County where the Amish still use horses, usually Belgians, to plow their fields. It's also the way my Dad did it when he was young in the 1930's and early 40's before Grandpa bought an Allis Chalmers tractor. My family was not Amish, though many of their neighbors were.

Comment

I like #4, great colors! She is talented.
            Currently bikeless
            '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
            '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Working...
            X