Today's Ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's Ride

Well today was a great day for a ride, the weather was warm, sunny, a few clouds only, and from early morning to the end of the day is was just perfect.

We did have a bit of a slow start but once we got going it was all forgotten and the miles (kilometers) just kept on going and going.....

There was no particular place to go, other than one spot, that sells, and installs, and even does custom side car units for just about any bike, more or less, and as you will see, even for a GS.......

Myself, Spyug, and Chris, (sorry forgot his nic on here) were the Three Amigo's today, the others that were supposed to go unfortunately flaked out on us, but the day was too nice to not go as planned.

Well enough talking, so here are some pics of the place for the side car's, sorry not any pics of our travels, we really didn't stop, other than for lunch and there was nothing interesting to snap pics of....

so here we go...

and a few more.....

The muscle and security....

Comment

Trying to follow the logic on that 1100e. Is that a steering damper connected from the sidecar to the fork?
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I believe so, that is what it looked like to us, and to be honest I forgot to ask the builder....

Comment

Love the look of the Ural Motorcycle. Never seen one until this thread.

Comment

Luv the bulldog

Comment

The picture of the side car just above the one of the bulldog, is what he rides in....

Comment

The builder is Mike from one of local boards a retired Can Forces guy. The muscle is "Sir George" about a year old now and Mikes constant companion and "hack rider".

The story on the GS is quite entertaining. Apparently this guy bought the rig first and it's a former camera platform for films. It was too wide and he sectioned it 5 " and built the roll cage around it, going for a "Mad Max" kind of a feel. He bought the bike after the fact thinking it has the muscle to pull that thing around. Mike tried to dissuade him from the project but the guy is hot on it. Sad thing is he has over $3600 into it so far and the GS is not even running right, is not charging, the indicators don't work and the brakes are not enough to haul it all down. Mike said he took one ride on it and it damn near killed him as, on braking, it made a dive for the ditch. Some people have more money than brains and I hope he has more 'cause we figured $2k more would be needed at a minimum to get it roadworthy.

It was a great day with some cool guys and I had the bonus of seeing "Black Booty" once again as Chris bought her from me last season.

We've got to do that again.

PS guys, check out the rear sprocket on the GS.......big enough???????????
                Last edited by Guest; 10-12-2013, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the pics, the bulldog is very cool, love dogs, I got 3 lol, iy was very nice here as well, its been a awesome fall here in Ontario

Comment

What is that little blue step through? All the old Hondas I remember had pressed steel forks except later Trail versions.

I used to see a guy with a two wheel drive Ural rig riding between Glenallen AK and Anchorage regularly even in winter. Its cold in between those towns. Nuts. He said that he had some initial problems with the Ural, but after the first few months of minor problems, it has been reliable.

Thanks for the photos, and I'm glad that somebody is riding.
                    sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

There is a guy near Barrie with an orange camo Ural and sidecar.
                      Good for hunting in the fall i guess.
                      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Yeah Mike rode a Ural before he got the Harley rig and on the other forum he was always posting up winter and off road escapades. He was telling us he rode most of the winter to work on it wearing a heated snowmobile suit. The alternator on them are quite robust by all accounts and with the side car weighted, great traction.

Mike and Sir George are cool dudes and anyone riding up to Erin Ontario should drop in and say high. They can be found here: http://www.uralontario.ca/. If anyone has any questions on side hacks Mike is the man, so drop him a line.

Hope a few more of you got out for a spin this weekend.

Cheers all

Comment

Working...
                        X