My GS1000G (a "thank you" post) for this website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My GS1000G (a "thank you" post) for this website

I bought this bike for 50 dollars not running, on its side in an old barn, and with absolutely 0 knowledge of these bikes. (heck this thing thing is 15 years older than me!) I really wanted to first get this bike road-worthy at the most minimal cost, and also make it into a "cafe style" bike without any major modifications and I feel I have accomplished that. I want to thank this entire forum, especially BassCliff for his incredible website, because without it, I would not have had the knowledge to get this thing going. Here are all the pics I took in the last 3 weeks, not a lot, but really just to show you where I started and where it is today.

The day I pulled it out of the barn...after a quick hose off, before that it was just piece of dust with a motorcycle in it...

And just after I stripped some of the stuff off..

And while the carbs were out for cleaning (mostly together)

And right to the finished piece!

And after her first bath just a few hours ago ..

Sorry for the cruddy quality..these were all iPhone photos and often in low light. Let me know what you guys think! Its not even close to a show piece, but I put good hard work into it and its my first bike, and most importantly I am proud of the way it came out!
    Last edited by Guest; 05-29-2014, 10:20 PM.

Well done!
    You have good reason to be proud.

Comment

If you are happy with it that is the only thing that matters.
      Congrats on getting another GS on the road.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Looking good!!!

And I'm happy to say that fairing is working out really well on my 1100...

Nice work on the bike

Comment

Thanks guys! And Alan I'm glad it was put to good use, Your bike looks great!

Comment

good for you. You got it going, and put your personal stamp on it, without stomping the $h1t out of it. The fundamental goodness of the 1000G remains.

Nice ride. Enjoy it.
            sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

You got it going, and put your personal stamp on it, without stomping the $h1t out of it. The fundamental goodness of the 1000G remains.
              I have to agree, as a 1000G owner and lover, I want to pop a gasket when people take saws to them.
              Nice job there, may you have many safe miles on her.

Comment

Congrats on saving a 50 dollar bike and putting it into service. Regarding the showpiece comment- I've often said that an old bike looks better being ridden, then parked waiting for the rare perfect weather day in fear that it might get dirty......Ride safe and enjoy!
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                -Rusty old scooter.
                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Working...
                X