Father's Day Ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Father's Day Ride

Who else took one? Post pictures in this thread please.

The wife and I decided to do something fun together so we went exploring.
    We headed west and aimed for the hills. We discovered several small roads that we have never been on or knew existed.
    We (I) KNEW that we had found the right place when we saw this warning sign...
    The road was no disappointment both ways.

Discovered a few small lakes/ponds. Here are two of them with another in a later picture.

Found a tiny little road headed UP so just HAD to go exploring. Somewhere near the top, I stopped to take these of the views...
    (Lots of traffic on this road. LOL!)

We also discovered, with the help of our Kiwi friends, that RJ's raspberry licorice is a good substitute for a missing side cover badge clip!

Thanks mates!!!
    A little over 210 miles and a disappointing 37.5 mpg average on the journey.

My wife and I did the same, found some good food and a couple new roads.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Took my younger daughter out for about 30 minutes to test my father's day gift (GoPro Hero 3 Silver). Videos are playing good on the TV but have a lot of stuttering on the computer. Searching online says my laptop isn't powerful enough so I'm not sure what I'll do for editing right now.
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I so love these threads with pictures of the beautiful country sides from all around the world.
        Thank you for sharing!
        I bet it was great!
        I also love finding new roads to explore.

Comment

Working...
        X