No announcement yet.

My 82 GS650G went down.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We aren't talking about a $100 loss here...
    It's adding up to a sum of money that is serious business.
    Will the insurance help - or was the bike not fully covered?
    Perhaps if the insurance will cover some - he could pay the difference.
    It is not right to walk away from damaging a persons property without making restitution.
    There are provisos for this under the law - you may get some experience with small claims court processes.

What is wrong with people now-a-days ? Didn't their Mommas teach them anything ...

Comment

What a stingy, complete jerk. Now you have the real measure of him.
      Years ago, I firmly resisted offers to ride friends' new bikes, if I couldn't afford to replace/repair them if the worst happened. I didn't mind borrowing old snotters, as snotbikes are built to take it and can be repaired by kicking them straight, but most certainly not a bike that somebody's rebuilt and put a lot of time and money into.
      ---- Dave

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Well I got a e mail from him and he said the check is in the mail. We will see. In the mean time, I replace all of the damaged parts, except the tank and a right side side frame cover from my pack rat stash. I sold the bike to a friend of a friend thing, he needed a ride to get away from his drunk wife and I needed to get rid of a crashed bike!
        I have to be honest here and say it REALLY hurt me to see it go! He did not even want the manual to it! So so sad, all of the time and emotion I had into that bike, and I bet you it will never spend a single night inside of a garage again! Oh well life goes on!
        Last edited by Guest; 07-28-2014, 06:21 PM.

Comment

I know just how you feel. It's best to get right in on another project. How's that 750 going?

cg
          sigpic
          83 GS1100g
          2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
            I know just how you feel. It's best to get right in on another project. How's that 750 going?

cg
            Well the 83 750ED is 100% and for sale! I got a Buell 1125r that I am working on now. I got it off of Craigslist after it got laid down, for next to nothing, because it would not start. I found a damaged wire on the ignition switch wire harness. A little maintenance, shimm valves, spark plug, change oil, air filter, little painting, cleaning and new tires! If you have not worked on a Buell motorcycle, you will be impressed on how intuitive it is in design and how mechanic friendly it is! The bike is unbelievable, in many ways!

Comment

What a dumbass, how do you crash a 650 going in a turn, I go way higher than the speed limit into most turns! It handled like rails, lol.
              I've been debating to sell my 650G too, I just don't think I can do it...replaced every part on that bike, too attached.
              Last edited by Guest; 08-03-2014, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Well, the story comes to a final end. I received a check for the damage to the bike and was able to sell the crashed GS650, after replacing all of the damaged parts. Lets say I am satisfied with the ending financially, but I lost a friend over it, or what I thought was a friend, anyways life goes on! Voom!

Comment

Originally posted by Willmrx View Post
                  Well the 83 750ED is 100% and for sale! I got a Buell 1125r that I am working on now. I got it off of Craigslist after it got laid down, for next to nothing, because it would not start. I found a damaged wire on the ignition switch wire harness. A little maintenance, shimm valves, spark plug, change oil, air filter, little painting, cleaning and new tires! If you have not worked on a Buell motorcycle, you will be impressed on how intuitive it is in design and how mechanic friendly it is! The bike is unbelievable, in many ways!
                  Those 1125rs also have big time stator problems. Either a compufire or the big Hoggs from cycle electric. They burn up stators quite often depending on how you ride.

Comment

How small was the check from this azz?

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                      Those 1125rs also have big time stator problems. Either a compufire or the big Hoggs from cycle electric. They burn up stators quite often depending on how you ride.
                      Yes they do. Mine has 25,000 miles on it. and I believe it's the original stator. I have already checked it, because of a thread I read on a Buell forum, and it check out good! But thanks for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by GSX1000E View Post
                        How small was the check from this azz?
                        $1,400 total. That was for the helmet, tow and the bike. I put what I would guess to be about $400 dollars of old parts on the bike and straightened the frame. I sold it for $700 with the tank smashed still. I was going to selling the bike, and I was hoping to get $1,400 for it. So it ended up ok.

Comment

Working...
                        X