No announcement yet.

Holy F*** Up Batman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do not do my own tire work either. I have in the past but now I order the tires and/or tubes and take them to a little place that does general street, dirt, atv work. They messed me up once on a rear for a 550E and it went flat after getting it back on and I was a block from home. They had not tightened up the valve core correctly and although easy enough fix I let them know about it and never a problem since. I also give them enough business in between so they recognize my face, ie buying an occasional oil filter or accessories or maybe a new helmet (which I just bought for my daughter). The last tire I took in was from my KZ400 and I had removed the old tire and cleaned up the rim surface myself. They mounted & balanced it for $20.

Comment

I had a long list of dealer mistakes during the period I was taking my bike in for maintenance/repairs. The final straw was the day I had them mount a new rear tire, When pulled out of the parking lot, the rear wheel came off. They didn't put the axle nut on. After that I took my wheels off the bike and took another shop only the wheels to install new tires on. The final straw to that was getting home from the shop with a new tire mounted and it was already flat. back to the shop, wait two hours while they find someone to fix it. finally get back home with it and mount it on the bike. Next morning, it is flat again. Back to the shop, they're too busy, going to be a couple of days, they'll call me. This went on for four times over a period of two weeks. Went to a W.Va. GSR meet a couple of years ago and halfway there, the chain starts running jerky. Have to replace it. Stop at a dealer. They have a chain, but no sprockets. Can't wait a week for them to order and have them install a new chain. Wait four hours while they try to find someone to do the work. Guy finally brings bike out to me with new chain and its adjusted so tight I could play dueling banjo's on it. I send him back to the shop with instructions on chain slack to set. He brings the bike back out half an hour later and the chain is still so tight, it's probably already ruined. I sent him back to do it over five time before it was even remotely close to being correct. Never again will anyone put a wrench on my bike. I mount and balance my own tires.
      Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

That human beings can not bear too much reality, explains so much.

Comment

I sent an email because it's raining here. A guy from the shop called about an hour later sounding nervous and very apologetic. He said he would give me a $25 gift cert. and send someone out to my house to torque the bolts when it comes in. The tech admitted to loosening them up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Mom View Post
          I sent an email because it's raining here. A guy from the shop called about an hour later sounding nervous and very apologetic. He said he would give me a $25 gift cert. and send someone out to my house to torque the bolts when it comes in. The tech admitted to loosening them up.
          I would find out what motorcycle tech school this so called tech went too. Called them and ask them what the hell are you teaching these guys!
          sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
          1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
          2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike:dancing: 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

At least you got good service and the tech admitted to the mistake. It takes a lot of man to admit he screwed up especially when he knows the guy on the phone wants to tear his head off. That's unfortunate they didn't do the job right at first, but at least he's trying to make up for it.

Comment

Originally posted by 81GS850 View Post
              At least you got good service and the tech admitted to the mistake. It takes a lot of man to admit he screwed up especially when he knows the guy on the phone wants to tear his head off. That's unfortunate they didn't do the job right at first, but at least he's trying to make up for it.
              That would be my reaction as well. People do make mistakes. The shop and tech are 'fessing up" and trying to make it right. Good learning experience all around. There's nothing wrong with taking your bike to a shop to be worked on. But the final QA inspection is up to the rider. Think for a moment about why pilots do a good preflight inspection every time before heading off to that "wild blue yonder" no matter how many signatures are in the forms certifying the aircraft as ready for flight. It's the same situation for motorcycle riders. Because it's your ass on the line, not the mechanics.
              Last edited by Guest; 08-26-2014, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X