No announcement yet.

Bikes are great ice breakers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know, the pic don't look so great...it must be me.
    Attached Files
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

So, this thread has gone from "motorcycle icebreakers" to "Asian girls" to "brown leather jackets".

Hum... a traditional leather mo'cycle jacket, but brown, (and brown, without the double breasted, without extra chains).
      Like I used for about 25 years. About only comment I ever got about it was "Ehheee, brown jacket like Fonzie, Ehhheee, The Fonz."
      So, Rob, yah, must be something about you.

http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
      Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

Half hour ago, at the Home Depot. I left my helmet at the bike, and I'm pushing around a cart big enough for...well, big. All I've got in it is a packet of five tiny "pony hair artist" brushes (to touch up the engine).

A short Asian woman in her thirties is helping me find a replacement for a broken bathroom cabinet hinge. She's not paying me the kind of attention I like to receive from Asian women, so when she tells me the price, I say, "Price doesn't matter."

Still nothing. So when she asks me if there will be anything else, I say, "No, that's about all I can fit on the motorcycle."

She lights up and says, "Oh, motorcycle!"

With a big smile she eyes me up and down and repeats, "Oh, motorcycle!"

She might have been thinking, "So that's why you're dressed like Fonzie," but in any case she seemed very interested and even a bit excited.

At my age, that's what I consider a 'happy ending.'
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Idea here to throw it out to you guys. Post a pic of your progression of motorcycle jackets, leather, textile, and/or jackets you have used for riding over the years.
          sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
          1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
          2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike:dancing: 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
            Idea here to throw it out to you guys. Post a pic of your progression of motorcycle jackets, leather, textile, and/or jackets you have used for riding over the years.
            Cool idea...but my first "riding" jacket was a snowboarding jacket. My current and only proper riding jacket is about 12 years old.
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
              Sounds like an interesting topic to discuss... for a boring guy like myself.

Sounds like an interesting topic to discuss... in a posting about that.

My first pics of me on first bike are with a thick flannel shirt and a nylon wind breaker.

http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
              Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                Cool idea...My current and only proper riding jacket is about 12 years old.
                12 years old?!?

I've got (fill in the blank) older than that!

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                  12 years old?!?

I've got (fill in the blank) older than that!
                  I'll start:

Shoelaces, toenails and guitar strings...

Comment

Cool idea...but my first "riding" jacket was a snowboarding jacket. My current and only proper riding jacket is about 12 years old.
                    Though I own a few leathers and a few heavy nylon made for motor jackets, I still wear snowboard jackets at times while riding.
                    The difference between back in the day and now being that I wear a armored mesh under them now.

Still rock the Burton and hot finger gloves in the winter also.

Bonfire pants.

Been thinking on a pair of these.
                    Black Ash Armored
                    May be a bit flashy for me but I am tired of all the black I own, more so when stopped.

Comment

LMAO, dang I forgot about this, I was in my closet looking over my jackets and couldn't remember the reason I have a project for the weekend now. I still have my first jacket yet. So as I had posted earlier, "Post a pic of your progression of motorcycle jackets, leather, textile, and/or jackets you have used for riding over the years." So, do we need to start a new thread on this? Probably huh. Lol, this could get out of hand, just thought of another one, foot wear over the years lol. Oh and gloves! here we go!
                      Last edited by mrbill5491; 09-26-2014, 11:17 AM.
                      sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                      1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                      2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike:dancing: 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

My one and only BLJ is 3 decades old, has been (equivalent of) around the world ten times, and looks it. You know what? I'll be buried in that thing, it's seen better and worse times than I can recall. I only wish I'd bought one earlier, so it could have more history.
                        I'm feeling guilty that it's so tatty - needs a refurb for another couple of decades, as it's now so beat-up it's actually losing protective ability.
                        ---- Dave

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

My 30+ year old leather jackets are holding up fine. An occasional zipper replacement and they're good for another decade or two.

My Frye boots though, as good as their condition may be, I doubt will ever see the light of day (or footpegs) again.

Comment

Working...
                          X