Kevin Schwantz at the Dallas International Motorcycle show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kevin Schwantz at the Dallas International Motorcycle show

So I am set up at the show and out of nowhere KW walks into our booth. Very cool dude, we chatted for about 20 minutes about the GS he rode and the mods they made to his, even signed the tail piece!

Comment

That's awesome! Thanks for posting. Hey have you found me a Lockhart oil cooler for my 81 1100e yet?
      No signature :(

Comment

What a treat to have Schwantz drop by. He was fun to watch, it seemed to me he either won or crashed! The stories of the rivalry between him and Wayne Rainey are legend. But they turned out to be friends in the end, nice to see. I guess you'll need to clear coat that tailpiece now.
        IBA# 12860
        Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
        1984 KZ1100R
        2008 Kawasaki KLR650
        2011 Concours 1400

Comment

That's awesome, what a day you must have had, congratulations!! Guess that's one bike you'll never sell.
          Rob
          1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
          Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Swapping GS stories with Kevin Schwantz is very cool.
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

seriously kool there dude, kevins a legend

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
                Nice Job Joe! This is awesome.
                1982 1100G - 1979 1000SN Cooley #703 - 1982 Kawasaki ELR#337 - 1982 Katana 1000SZ (X3) #769, #872, #1963 - 1983 1100E mid-night blue (X2) - Ducati 907ie - 1976 GT750 Bad Buffalo

Comment

You lead a charmed life Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
                    You lead a charmed life Joe.
                    That's fer sure. VERY cool story. What a score!
                    Outa curiosity, why did you have a display at the show?
                    Willie
                    Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
                    '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
                    '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
                    '82 GS1100G Resto project

Comment

Originally posted by willie View Post
                      Outa curiosity, why did you have a display at the show?
                      Willie
                      Willie,

Maybe I can answer that for you, somewhat.

I noticed that logo on his (jwhelan, Joe) shirt in one photo matched the logo on banner in other photo.
                      Banner in other photo also has a phone number (can see if goto linked photobucket pic and zoom in).
                      That phone number leads to this

that has same logo

Q U O T E
                      VJ Moto offers full restoration and Resto/mod services on Vintage Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha from the 60's 70's, 80's and early 90's. Some of our work has included GS/GSXR Suzuki's, Honda CB/ VFR Interceptors/Nighthawks, Kawasaki H1 and H2's,GPZ's and early two stroke Yamaha R5, RD, RZ 350 and TZ racers. Each restoration is done specifically to meet the customers needs and expectations. We can restore your machine to factory specification or modify it in any way that you prefer to make it your own. Some popular modifications include updated chain and sprokets, suspension upgrades, braided SS brake lines, new ballistic battery technology and period correct exhaust refurbishing to name a few.

E N D Q U O T E

Some may call it "stalking". I say it is just being observant and resourceful. har har har

Last edited by Redman; 02-05-2015, 05:44 PM.
                      http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
                      Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

Another one of Joe's children.
                        Attached Files
                        '80 GS1000ST
                        '92 ZX-11
                        Past rides: '79 GS1000SN, '84 GPZ900R

http://totalrider.com/

Comment

Do some SERIOUS research before anything is cleared over..may ruin the marker. I personally would take it off and wrap it to survive a nuclear blast.
                          MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                          1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Working...
                          X