Motorcycle friendly hotel/motels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motorcycle friendly hotel/motels

Thought I would post this thread to a local (BC) chain of motels trying to attract the motorcycle crowd.
    Have a look at their link.
    Apparently the new GM is a bike guy and decided to do this, very cool.
    Some of the things they do are...

Supply covers for your bike

Supply chains and locks and a secure hook in cement for lock down

Bike wash station with towels included

We put the 'special' in special offers! When you (or you and your family…or your pets…or your team) stay with us, you'll save money & earn valuable rewards.

Anyone else have motorcycle friendly places to stay?
    No signature :(

Awesome great to know for travels next time.

Comment

The Harley Owners Group has had an arrangement with Best Western for several years now. The perks don't match those of the Accent Inns in the original post.

I motorcycle travel a lot and for me bike perks aren't as important as the property's layout. I greatly prefer what is referred to as "exterior corridor." This is the classic motel configuration with your room door opening directly to the outside. I like being able to park my bike right outside of my room. Unloading, loading, keeping an eye on the bike, and tinkering with it are so much easier. Almost all of the major chains now only build on the hotel floor plan--multiple floors, elevators, and interior hallways. The one national chain which does have a large number of exterior corridor properties is Quality Inn. They are part of the Choice Hotels group.

It would be nice to stay in the classic old motels, the ones now owned and run by the Patel clan. But there is not a good online way to find and book them along your route; and they are often located along the main travel routes of fifty years ago, not the ones today.
      Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Comment

If ever in Taos NM. Stay at the El Pueblo Lodge! Great place, 1950's motor court thoroughly updated. Park in front of your door. 5min. walk to mid-town.

Comment

Working...
        X