Wisconsin Trout Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wisconsin Trout Tour

My son is riding his 1978 gs1000 and I'm riding my 1980 gs850 on a trout fly fishing motorcycle tour through the driftless area of southwest Wisconsin. Beautiful country. Rolling Hills, bluffs, spring creeks and valleys. We plan on being out for 3 nights. We won't be covering too many miles. About 5-6 lazy hours to the destination and then the same thing back, fishing along the way. The emphasize is quality riding and not burning up miles on the major highways. We're takin' secondary roads most of the way. I've driven these roads many times throughout the years in my car. Always wanted to ride them. We leave a week from today.

Viroqua and the like? Very nice. I meet these guys at a fly fishing show, but never did get up to see them, but typical nice WI folks. www.driftlessangler.com

The Iowa side is also nice along the Yellow river for trout. The Cassville WI ferry will get you there.
    Hondas
    '73 ATC70 '85 XL125S '02 XR650L
    Suzuki
    '83 gs750t vin#551 '97 DR650
    Kaw
    '89 KLR650

sigpic

Comment

Sounds like a lot of fun

Ride the alphabet (county) roads for the best scenery

The driftless area is a cool anomaly to the rest of the Midwest
      1978 GS 1000 (since new)
      1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
      1978 GS 1000 (parts)
      1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
      1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
      1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
      2007 DRz 400S
      1999 ATK 490ES
      1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Wisconsin Trout Tour

Had a great time. Awesome ride up, to access points on the Green River, and Back. Encountered some rain on the way back and it's good to know I apparently fixed my "cutting out in the rain" problem that my 850 used to have. My son got what he was lookin' for. A long ride, trout on a dry fly and many good stories. A blessed time. A few photos below.

Comment

I love the net strapped on the outside of bag. They can never be handy enough. Trout only live in nice places.
          Hondas
          '73 ATC70 '85 XL125S '02 XR650L
          Suzuki
          '83 gs750t vin#551 '97 DR650
          Kaw
          '89 KLR650

sigpic

Comment

Yes. I liked the look of the net saddlebag combo too. I had a Croix rod tube strapped on my bike. Waders, boots and tackle in the bags. Had to pack pretty light. Stayed in a cabin outside Fennimore for a couple nights and rode to acess sites on the Green River. This was a very nice ride after we got West of Rockford, Illinois. Everything North and West of there was quite nice. Green County Wisconsin is great.

Scudder

Comment

Working...
            X