2024 Dave Davis Rally - Farmington, MO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2024 Dave Davis Rally - Farmington, MO

Ok guys, I know it's really early, but this will be here all too soon.

This is normally based out of the Baymont Inn & Suites in Farmington, normally sometime in September. I checked with the Baymont and they have plenty of rooms available for any September weekend. Rates are all over the place depending where, and when, you book, but are normally in the $60-$80 per night range.

Their phone # is 573-756-8031.

So.........what dates work best for you potential Missouri sweeper riders? We normally arrive on Thursday afternoon and leave on Sunday morning.

With that in mind, let's see which dates work best for the most people (that are actually planning on attending), and schedule a dis-organized rally!

Sept. 5th - 8th
    Sept. 12th - 15th
    Sept. 19th - 22nd
    Sept. 26th - 29th.

As gbw knows all too well, I'm retired so any of these dates work for me!
    Ron
    When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!https://www.thegsresources.com/_forum/core/images/smilies/cool.png
    1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
    1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
    1982 GS1100E - April 2024 BOTM
    1999 Honda GL1500SE

Thanks for stepping up, Ron!

I can say that the weekend after Labor Day is problematic, since that leaves only two w--king days in the week for us w--king stiffs. (Sorry to use that foul four-letter "W" word in your nice clean thread.) And the last weekend is potentially problematic for me.

So September 12-15 or 19-22 would probably be best, at least to me. Although I'm still far from certain I can scrape up the time off w--k for this, so my $0.02 is probably worth less than $0.01.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Hummm. I'm wondering if I can get my brother (from Colorado) to meet me at the Rally? He just bought a Ducati and I'm sure he wants to stretch it's legs a bit... We'll see...
      My Motorcycles:
      22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
      22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
      82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
      81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
      79 1000e (all original)
      82 850g (all original)
      80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

I will throw out a vote for the later dates. If the stars align I can get there this year.
        sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
        2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

I'd be out the 12th-15th .... But a lot of stars would have to align for me to commit anyway. However, my brother did show some interest . That really would be great to ride with my brother again. We'll see.
          My Motorcycles:
          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
          79 1000e (all original)
          82 850g (all original)
          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

I’m out for 9/12-9/15 due to a family wedding, but could do the next weekend…my two bits.
            Loud pipes saves squirrel lives.....

Comment

I need to ride in the Ozarks every year or my riding season is incomplete. September 12-15 are the only dates that work for me - it's a nutty September and at the moment I've got 9/19-9/22 committed for an enduro rally with Jon R in West Virginia in the Monongahela Natl Forest - which was amazing last year - if you're up for it you should join us for that too.
              sigpic
              2020 R1250 GSA - 2008 CBR600RR
              My exes:

2018 Goldwing - 2017 CRF250L - 2016 VFR1200X
              2009 SFV650 Gladius - 2016 Caponord Rally - 2018 K1600 GTL - 2017 Trophy SE
              2015 Versys 650LT - 2010 R1200RT - 2009 R1200GSA - 2004 R1100S - 2001 R1200C Euro
              2002 883R - 1975 CB550 - 1994 Shadow 1100 - 1985 Elite 80

Comment

Originally posted by 1978GS750E View Post
                Ok guys, I know it's really early, but this will be here all too soon.

As gbw knows all too well, I'm retired so any of these dates work for me!

Same for me. I'm thinking we should do all four weekends.

Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend, now for sale.

Comment

Can we move it to next spring? JK....
                  Dogma
                  --
                  O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                  '80 GS850 GLT
                  '80 GS1000 GT
                  '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by Dogma View Post
                    Can we move it to next spring? JK....
                    Maybe J/K...but a spring Ozarks trip would be interesting...
                    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post

Maybe J/K...but a spring Ozarks trip would be interesting...
                      I'm all for it. Maybe we could do a spring and fall Ozarks trip.
                      Larry

'79 GS 1000E

Comment

Ok guys, we need more input on dates that work, so those people that actually plan things can do their planning thing!

Right now, it looks like Sept. 19-22 will fit the bill for the most people? (Sorry Neil!) What do ya think about those dates?

With all these responses, maybe we should start asking for dates for a spring get-together now!
                        Ron
                        When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!https://www.thegsresources.com/_forum/core/images/smilies/cool.png
                        1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

19-23 works for me as do the other 3 weekends .
                          Larry

'79 GS 1000E

Comment

This will be a close-to-game-time decision for me, so I'm fine with, you know, whatevs. I hope to make it, but no guarantees as of yet.
                            1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                            2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                            2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                            Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Well, it looks like the weekend of Sept. 19-22 it is!

Come one, come all! Enjoy the wonderful Ozark twisties with your GSR friends!

Get those reservations made and start doing your planning!

I will probably arrive on Wednesday afternoon just to get a little "extra" seat time! 

Ron
                              1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Working...
                              X