test post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

test post

just a test post to verify some forum weirdness. Will remove later.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

dpep, administrator

Since this morning, whenever I try to post, the post does post, but I get a pop up error like below, as soon as I hit the Post Reply Button.
    I did notice around 6:30am today when I got on to check New Topics, a message that the site was down for maintenance or some such message on the screen.

Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Just say'in a couple of times today when I tried to post something I got an ERROR thing then something invalid with a bunch of numbers, symbols, and letters. Then when I looked later the post had gone through.
      1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
        Just say'in a couple of times today when I tried to post something I got an ERROR thing then something invalid with a bunch of numbers, symbols, and letters. Then when I looked later the post had gone through.
        I was wondering why you had two identical posts on the debate thread . That explains it .....
        Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time1983 GS 750
        https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4256/3...8bf549ee_t.jpghttps://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4196/3...cab9f62d_t.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post

I was wondering why you had two identical posts on the debate thread . That explains it .....
          I had the same thing happen this morning except when I went to repost it, it said I had to wait a number of seconds before posting again so I figured it must have posted ....which it did.
          '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/
          https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4306/35860327946_08fdd555ac_z.jpg

Comment

In a thread yesterday, I saw rob had 2 of the same post.
            1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Deleted one of them.
              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post

I had the same thing happen this morning except when I went to repost it, it said I had to wait a number of seconds before posting again so I figured it must have posted ....which it did.
                I saw this message for the first time yesterday. Like most other single American men, I assumed it was somehow caused by the root of all evil in the world today: Hunter Biden's laptop.

But something even more frightening occurred to me: I thought I saw something in the shadows yesterday evening around twilight. Could it be...

. The Mexican Staring Frog of Southern Sri Lanka?
                1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

I saw that too Rob, but I didn't realize what I was seeing. Thanks for the info.

Comment

i had the same SQL error yesterday, and i also posted an answer twice because of that.

edit : for this post i did not get that SQL error btw
                    Rijk

Top 10 Newbie Mistakes thread

CV Carb rebuild tutorial
                    VM Carb rebuild tutorial
                    Bikecliff's website
                    The Stator Papers

"The thing about freedom - it's never free"

Comment

Saw those double posts. Am I correct in that one had a smiley and it's dopplegenger had not?
                      Logging in was hanging for minutes about 24 hours ago.
                      97 R1100R
                      Previous
                      80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

The issue appears to have been resolved. I posted a recap in the pic of the week game just now and got no funky error messages.
                        Rich
                        1982 GS 750TZ
                        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

... and now for something new ... seems our sigs are messed up

First impression is the plain text sigs work, but the ones with html code are not displaying properly
                          Rijk

CV Carb rebuild tutorial
                          VM Carb rebuild tutorial
                          Bikecliff's website
                          The Stator Papers

Comment

Originally posted by Rijko View Post
                            ... and now for something new ... seems our sigs are messed up

First impression is the plain text sigs work, but the ones with html code are not displaying properly
                            Yeah, that's just within the last few minutes,
                            Rich
                            1982 GS 750TZ
                            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

hmm if i edit my sig, and save it without changing anything, i get an error :

Your signature cannot be longer than -1 characters including BB code markup.​
                              Can't clear and save my empty signature either. same error.
                              Rijk

CV Carb rebuild tutorial
                              VM Carb rebuild tutorial
                              Bikecliff's website
                              The Stator Papers

Comment

Working...
                              X