Down again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Down again!

Took my old English racer (Raleigh Super Course) in to be repaired and looked at a few new bikes, including one with electric assist. Powerful, quick, road being resurfaced so covered in gravel...bloody knee and bruised ego (had to be assisted to my feet). I'm back!
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Good to see some things never change. Did you get it up to the "buck" ?

Just joking Rob, not trying to rub salt in the wound. It's good that you're trying to get back on 2 wheel. But jeez, take it easy, would ya?
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Just hoping you realize, you shouldn't be doing that... Riding is fine but quit doing that other stuff. bloody knees & bruised ego ain't never gon'na to be good...Hate it for ya, Glad it wasn't worse.
      1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Front and rear disc brakes...absurd!
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Gotta ask it....were you wearing a helmet?
          Glad it wasn't serious. Just a bit more patina for your body.
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

No helmet. Could've used some body armor. Patina. I'm thinking about the ride home, in about a week. I'll walk the old Raleigh a few blocks, then it's 3 miles of downhill and flat.

Comment

Glad it wasn't worse.
              An interesting Fortnine video comparing sarety on e-bikes vs. motos.
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I hate e-bikes. That's all I have to say there.
                "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                  I hate e-bikes. That's all I have to say there.
                  I totally agree. Their silence makes them dangerous. But they are quick. For now I'll stick with my old English racer.

Comment

A sister for Suzi. Bike shop called and said she's ready. He initially was not on board. "What if it costs two or three hundred," he said. "That's two or three times what It's worth."

"Do your best. Call me if It's more than $300."

Earlier today, he called and said, "That is old school. It's beautiful - I love it."

The $64 question - can I ride it?

Comment

Raleigh is home! I mount and dismount from the right, but never went down on the 3 mile ride home. Even played 'Look Ma, no hands!' for a few yards at a time.

Comment

Wonder how that would look with the train light headlamp from your 1100E mounted?
                        Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 05-02-2022, 01:26 PM.
                        Rich
                        1982 GS 750TZ
                        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

No lights! No water bottle, no air pump, no upright hand brakes! OLD SCHOOL!

New rear wheel and derailer, new brake pads, but everything looks correct. Now, to find a baseball card and a clothes pin.

Comment

Working...
                          X