Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You have heard the term Slicker than S_it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have heard the term Slicker than S_it?

TRAFFIC ALERT: Emergency crews are responding to a crash involving up to six motorcycles on I-24 westbound near the 51 mile marker in Lyon County. Both westbound lanes are blocked at the crash site, the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet says.

The cause of the group crash was determined to be a slick substance on the road that spilled from a truck that was later identified as HUMAN waste.......

Can't make this sh!t up!
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

I saw this on the news yesterday. Hard to imagine the things that can AND WILL happen.
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

It was a nice ride until everything turned to.......... heh
      Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

My opinion, anytime I was riding a bike on an interstate I would consider it a pretty sh...tty ride. Bikes are for 2 lane, little traffic as possible...
        1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
          My opinion, anytime I was riding a bike on an interstate I would consider it a pretty sh...tty ride. Bikes are for 2 lane, little traffic as possible...
          You are certainly not alone in that thinking, , but I suspect that many who have done iron-butt rides (including me) did not do all those miles on 2-lane roads.
          Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
            TRAFFIC ALERT: Emergency crews are responding to a crash involving up to six motorcycles on I-24 westbound near the 51 mile marker in Lyon County. Both westbound lanes are blocked at the crash site, the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet says.

The cause of the group crash was determined to be a slick substance on the road that spilled from a truck that was later identified as HUMAN waste.......

Can't make this sh!t up!

I guess that, with so many all grounded together, there might be little else to do but laugh about it and shoot the ..... for a while.....
            Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

I've ridden behind a pig truck in light rain before, but now I guess I learned that things can always get worse.
              1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
              2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
              2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
              Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
                I've ridden behind a pig truck in light rain before, but now I guess I learned that things can always get worse.
                I was stuck in heavy traffic behind an offal lorry. That's right, a lorry that collects offal from meat processing plants, and they're not exactly watertight. This was in narrowed section of road that meant I couldn't get past him so had to put up with it for what seemed like an eternity.
                The grunge coming off of that truck was like disgusting watery slime that covered the bike and me... jetwashed the bike and myself when I got home.
                ---- Dave

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Working...
                X