A worthwhile vaccine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A worthwhile vaccine?

The article itself is too long for a single post, so the link is below.
    A vaccine for Lyme Disease actually existed and was pulled from the market more twenty years ago, but there is a constant growth of Lyme due to expansion of areas having the ticks that spread the disease. A new vaccine is in the works now.

Full article here

It was pulled from the market almost immediately after it was developed in 1998. Twenty-five years later, the painful disease is on the rise
    Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Lyme disease is an invention of the media.
    1983 GS 550 LD
    2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

I carried Lyme disease for 2 years, as the doctors kept misdiagnosing me. When it finally was confirmed by a blood test, they estimated I carried it two years. I had the highest Level of the most common Lyme bacteria ever registered in Danbury Hospital. 60 days on Doxycycline,

I felt better, but the antibiotics wiped out my gut fauna and I almost died of C-Diff (Colitis Dificile). I live in Connecticut, not far from Lyme.

It Lyme doesn't exist,and if you get it, remember your post. If it passes the Blood Brain Barrier, you go quite insane and die. This happened to a friend of mine. I saw a beautiful person go insane and die a horrific death.

It is NOT a media invention. That kind of thinking is past opinion. You can go on Google, under Google Images, and see pictures of the Bacteria. Deer carry the ticks, so do mice, and that's how they get onto people. The worse ticks are the real tiny ones, that you never see, they fill up with blood, regurgitate back into your system just before they detach and think "Thanks for the fill up, here's some Lyme for you". It's so horrible, I would not wish it on you to make you a believer.

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
        I'll let the the 2 people I personally know here that are quite debilitated by it for many years know. Maybe it'll help them get over it. Diagnosis and treatment of it in Canada is still quite abysmal. The US is much farther ahead than we are.
        '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

1983 GS 550 LD
          2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
            Ah yes. Repeat the same thing over and over hoping for a different result. LOL
            '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post

Ah yes. Repeat the same thing over and over hoping for a different result. LOL

Unfortunately thinking like that is destroying the fabric of Democracy in the Republic of the United States of America. I am starting to believe that unfettered access to information with no guidance by our elders, and those who came before us is creating a blathering of thought that no dam can block, or mediate, and no filter can strain. The guys walking around with "The End is Near" signs don't seems so nutty to me anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzukian View Post

Unfortunately thinking like that is destroying the fabric of Democracy in the Republic of the United States of America. I am starting to believe that unfettered access to information with no guidance by our elders, and those who came before us is creating a blathering of thought that no dam can block, or mediate, and no filter can strain. The guys walking around with "The End is Near" signs don't seems so nutty to me anymore.
                Not just the US, look around, weird sh1t is happening all over world right now. I think the human race as we know it is doomed to it's own stupidiy. I'm glad to be 72 right now because hopefully it won't happen in my lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post

Not just the US, look around, weird sh1t is happening all over world right now. I think the human race as we know it is doomed to it's own stupidiy. I'm glad to be 72 right now because hopefully it won't happen in my lifetime.
                  We are straying from the original subject, but both of you have good points.
                  I just read this AP article on CP24 a few minutes ago that seems to fit the same thinking.

While women's lives are being lost now due to insufficient medical help, their situation will get worse because those who might help are "too distracted" to do so.

In a country where the maternal mortality rate is one of the highest in the world, a small clinic dedicated to reproductive health care for more than 200,000 people is about to be shut down. The worried-looking mothers know too well what might happen next.

Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

When I see the lousy treatment my wife of 34 years gets medically, well, put it like this, she doesn't let me go to the Dr's appointments with her anymore because they get so "offended" by the questions I ask. That seems to be the trend these days.

I carried Lyme for so long, it's still in my system. If I get real sick, they have to send my blood from Connecticut to California to see if it is a new infection. Sometimes I feel "Lymey" (and I don't mean British). A friend of mine who analyzes blood said that Lyme Bacteria goes dormant by sticking it's head up it's butt making the anti-bodies not see it. So when they come out of dormancy, you feel sick till your body can attack it. I don't think this thread is off topic, just my opinion though.

Comment

Originally posted by argonsagas View Post

We are straying from the original subject, but both of you have good points.
                      I just read this AP article on CP24 a few minutes ago that seems to fit the same thinking.

While women's lives are being lost now due to insufficient medical help, their situation will get worse because those who might help are "too distracted" to do so.

In a country where the maternal mortality rate is one of the highest in the world, a small clinic dedicated to reproductive health care for more than 200,000 people is about to be shut down. The worried-looking mothers know too well what might happen next.

Well, you see, we need the money for a few more $25 Billion dollar jets, so when we blow up the world, nobody else can move in, and get Lyme disease, which will probably survive on the mice who carry it into their hovels.

Comment

Working...
                      X