Jeff Beck dies at 78

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeff Beck dies at 78

Well at least we still have machine gun Kelly.
    1983 GS 550 LD
    2009 BMW K1300s

Great musician that did it his way. Passion of restoring classic cars and Hot Rods.
    Sad day
    No signature :(

Comment

Had to look him up, but 78 and somewhat famous, that's not too bad a life....
      I guess he never entered my musical sphere....
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
        I'm sure he did...you just didn't realize it.

Comment

He identified George Harrison's greatest riff. No, not Taxman. John's self-described "throwaway" song on Sgt. Peppers, "Good Morning, Good Morning."

Why did John call it that? Consider the other 3 songs he contributed to that album.

RIP Jeff
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post

I'm sure he did...you just didn't realize it.
            Sorry, don't know that song. And really not a fan of Mr. Stewart.

Comment

I didn't really think he entered mine, but looking over what he did, it turns out I'd heard him a lot.
              I never paid attention to the band members, just the sound.
              ---- Dave

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

One of the few musicians I ever bothered looking up the name of. His album "Wired" was excellent. All music, no words. Great stuff. Lots of great musicians are passing. Nobody gets out of here alive.

Comment

Sorry, don't know that song. And really not a fan of Mr. Stewart.
                  Lol...are you serious...you have never heard that song?? Lol...btw I'm not a fan of Rod either....how old are you?
                  How about Jimmy Page...are you a "fan" of his? Lol
                  Last edited by trevor; 01-11-2023, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Lol...are you serious...you have never heard that song?? Lol...btw I'm not a fan of Rod either....how old are you?
                    Wow a very famous well covered song.
                    Jeff Beck was amazing not a god awful celebrity.
                    1983 GS 550 LD
                    2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post

Wow a very famous well covered song.
                      Jeff Beck was amazing not a god awful celebrity.
                      Totally agree! He was a gentleman in a world of azzholes....think Clapton for comparison.

Comment

...think Clapton for comparison.
                        A world class A-hole (Eric). I saw him at Madison Square Garden summer of '74. He was drunk.

1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

I know some rock guitar players, they are around 63-65 years old and couple years back while talking guitar players from back in the day Jeff beck came up and they told me to check out his album "wired"

I did and really like this one..

Comment

How about Jimmy Page...are you a "fan" of his? Lol
                            I'm older than you, that's for sure, LOL....
                            Well I listened to it again, and nope, never heard it before. And I didn't like it. Kinda slow and boring, not really rock and roll....
                            As for Jimmy Page, sure I heard of him. I think I even have a Led Zeppelin album around here somewhere, but never was a fan.

Comment

I consider myself an Audiophile. I design and build my own Electrostatic Speakers. I have a pair of tapered 1/4 wave tubes I use now. I have an extensive collection of tube amplifiers, and some solid state Onkyo Receivers for the 7.2 surround sound you need for movies. I have a Sony 50" 4K T.V., and a 3 LCD Panel Projector for movies at 200" inches diagonally. Some music has to be played on good equipment that can reproduce the Holography for the average person to appreciate more than stereo. Others just know a damned good tune when they hear it. I also rebuild Violins.

Comment

Working...
                              X