I got my new MX + OBD interface today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got my new MX + OBD interface today

I cannot locate the OBD II connector on my 550. Works on all my vehicles and when i get an adapter cable on my Kbike as well.
    Neat toy but far more than a toy.
    The mind boggles. fast sampling rates smooth curves ans graphing.
    There are other high end types on the market too im not any fan boy but by golly I can now swap radios in my jeep and put in a rear view camera without paying the dealer.

1983 GS 550 LD
    2009 BMW K1300s

Surely you jest about OBD II connector on the 550???

Does your BMW have one?

I recently had some issues with my '17 Honda Civic and would have loved to be able to read the body module codes, but that requires a Honda specific diagnostic computer device, or maybe, if they exist, some sort of aftermarket device. Reading OBD II codes can be done with a $10 dongle, so that's not the problem. It's reading the body codes. Does this fancy machine you bought do that?
    Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

The MX+ site would be able to tell you most specifics. GM and ford get extra details for free. Some of the deep stuff costs 5 to 6 bucks but well worth it if needed.
      The Youtubers out there are pretty lax about quality and depth of understanding so its hard to learn things.
      One nice thing is its does cover a wide number of makes and your being a 17 would be the international standard not the previous Japanese variant.

alfsOBD allows access to body codes through the device on FCA models so the device is up to it. post 2018 require a gateway bridge device to bypass a security (hinder the rise in do it yourselfers eating into dealer profits from monopoly on computer access.)

Im using a 12 inch samsung tablet very new and very awesome lots of real estate to make up custom displays.

anyway yeah I've just been dabbling but the feature that verifies functioning of vehicle and shows it will pass a sniff test alone is worth the money.

There's a lot of nasty comments made by abusive novices on Amazon reviews stemming from their inability to get blue tooth working etc. The most disgruntled people clearly show a lack of basic understanding of computers so I have no idea why they would want to dabble in something so complex.
      1983 GS 550 LD
      2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

The MX OBD Reader is great. I use it quite often to trouble shoot or optimize the V6 Accord Hybrid I picked up over the summer.

I also use it to tune my T120.

Mine sits at home in My Accord Hybrid and I use it to tune for optimum MPG.
        Jedz Moto
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2002 Honda Reflex 250
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120
        2023 Triumph Scrambler 1200XE
        Cages: '18 Subaru OB wagon 3.6R and '16 Mazda 3
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
          The MX OBD Reader is great. I use it quite often to trouble shoot or optimize the V6 Accord Hybrid I picked up over the summer.

I also use it to tune my T120.

Mine sits at home in My Accord Hybrid and I use it to tune for optimum MPG.
          I recall mid 80s when vehicles started getting ecm systems.
          told my electronics tecj/gearhead buddy you'd be able to tune parameters fuel etc some day
          he thought I was nuts.
          mind you I thought an engineer buddy was predicting the far off future when he explained digital sampling via PCs would let you take audio from his new CD player to a floppy.
          a mere decade and hi fidelity ripping was common.

what app are you tuning the Honda with?
          1983 GS 550 LD
          2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

So ai don't use the App to tune the ECU but to read the instrumentation and sensor data so I can get to optimal lean burn conditions by tuning with bolt.ons and adjusting intake temperatures.. I do have a VCM adjuster which allows the Variable Cylinder Management system to be tuned or turned off. . I can clear fault codes, can't push maps on the car. The app is OBD link.

20221020_162255.jpg

I can adjust and push maps with the ECUTUNE software for the Triumph

Really enjoy it
            Jedz Moto
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2002 Honda Reflex 250
            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120
            2023 Triumph Scrambler 1200XE
            Cages: '18 Subaru OB wagon 3.6R and '16 Mazda 3
            Originally posted by Hayabuser
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I have a Foxwell NT530 for the mini. It’s worked for everything I’ve used it for.
              unfortunately you need software for each manufacturer with that one although it will allow you to do most things the dealer can do.

This one you link looks to be a bit more flexible (cheaper too….)
              1980 GS1000G - Sold
              1978 GS1000E - Finished!
              1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
              1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
              2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
              1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
              2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Working...
              X