Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David Crosby dead

David Crosby died at the age of 81. RIP
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Odious coke head. He's been dead since the 60s.
    1983 GS 550 LD
    2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Saw him in a bar in Houston just after he got out of prison, just him and a guitar, good show.

About a year later while staying in a hotel in Santa Cruz my future wife and I walked in on him and a woman naked in a hot tub, he had a hissy fit because we walked in on them. There was a 1/2 hour limit on using it and they'd been in there a hour, he was acting like a little twit about it as if limits didn't apply to him.

Later on as I got to rub elbows with people in the entertainment industry I got to hear scores of stories about how much of a douchebag he was in real life. Combine that with his drug use, a child like fascination with guns that landed him in the joint and the hypocritical nature of singing songs about peace and my impression of him changed.

It's like the old saying goes 'If you want your hero's to stay your hero's don't get to know them in real life"
      1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
      1982 GS450txz (former bike)
      LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

I identify as a man but according to the label on a box of Stauffers Baked Lasagne I'm actually a family of four

Comment

On August 8, 1974 I was at a CSN concert in Jersey. During the show they announced Nixon had just resigned. Crowd went crazy!
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Working...
        X