Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh man ... beautiful Jasper, Alberta?

Again, welcome to the Pyrocene.

you 'deniers' (you know who you are) are truly just an embarrassment to the species ...

edited my angry thoughts away: not worth the energy (chit, I must be ageing! LOL)
    Last edited by ptegsotic; 07-25-2024, 04:25 PM.
    1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

Yeah just watching the news now, They are saying 30%-50% of the town is gone. Including Jasper Park Lodge .....

exterior-main-building.jpg
      Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
      1983 GS 750

Comment

Time for more large water/retardent bombers and more old growth logging with proper cleanup afterwards. It doesn't have to be as bad as they let it be, City voterrs don't have a clue what happens in the bush unfortunately. Pouring rain here right now, unfortunately accompanied by lightning.
        1986 1150EF
        2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Originally posted by ptegsotic View Post
          oh man ... beautiful Jasper, Alberta?

Again, welcome to the Pyrocene.

you 'deniers' (you know who you are) are truly just an embarrassment to the species ...

edited my angry thoughts away: not worth the energy (chit, I must be ageing! LOL)
          Yeah, I know who they are...they will be lined up to vote for Trump soon.
          No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post

Yeah, I know who they are...they will be lined up to vote for Trump soon.
            fortunately they'll be wasting their time
            what a relief eh?
            1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

Originally posted by ptegsotic View Post

fortunately they'll be wasting their time
              what a relief eh?
              Totally!!! Harris is going to humiliate him!
              No signature

Comment

Jasper Park Lodge luckily came out pretty much unscathed as well as the old train station/museum and most of the general infrastructure. The big lodge that burnt was actually the Maligne Lodge, Sounds like1/3 of the town or 358 structures did not fare so well though. Mostly residential and small businesses. A truly devastating outcome for a small tourist town. Visited there many times over the years and easily one of our favourite places to hang out and enjoy the mountains, glaciers and backcountry. First time was 1973 as a young man moving west and then every few years since then. They've got lots of cuddly furry things too. Too bad it wasn't raining like this recently. From June 2022. What really fed the fire was many many miles of beetle killed forest just south of town which is where the fire started.

P1030433
                by soates50, on Flickr
                '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Very cuddly - I'd stay in the truck if I were you.

Since I first saw them in Feb. '64, I knew those Beatles were up to no good!
                  1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                    Very cuddly - I'd stay in the truck if I were you.

Since I first saw them in Feb. '64, I knew those Beatles were up to no good!
                    Yeah, I'm actually standing by our trailer door. They're just browsing on the spring dandelions and generally won't bother you. Don't want to test that theory though. A few parks guys and gals showed up and were super annoying so the bears left.
                    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Working...
                    X