X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
    Karma is a B!tch...........
    Not sure if I believe this ,might have been for fun?,

Long time ago i worked in a steel place for the summer, I was just a laborer, a yard dog they called it...lol.

This place fabricated steel beams for buildings, basically I-beams with flanges and the painted to specs.

While back ran into a guy that was a welder there, he now is some kind of supervisor.

He was telling me some stuff that's had happened there over the years, some good some bad.

He said few while ago guy came in about a welding job, and he told the guy to lay down some welds and he'd come back in a few minutes to check out his welds.

When he came back the guy had welded a few pieces of angle iron together.

He said one weld looked like a newbie welder that just smoked some funny stuff, and the other weld was the best welding job hed ever seen.

Supervisor ask why one weld looked like chip and the other was the best weld job he'd ever seen.

Applicant replied " add said welders wanted $26.00-$56.00 per hour depending on experience "
    the first weld is my $26.00 an hour weld, and the good weld is my $56.00 weld...funny if that happened. But what's funnier is he said the guy worked fir three day and quit, said he didn't want to weld anymore.

lol

Another story was about a Christmas party they had at nearby event center.

There were several different parties going on at this event center, and employee of steel place went into another party and did some things he shouldn't have....the steel company fired this guy over It.
    the guy thar was fired got ahold of OSHA or some agency and as a result cost the steel place a quarter of a millions in fines fo safety concerns.

Comment

Working...
    X