Small town life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small town life

This was posted on the Facebook page of a local Pizza place today.

We have such a wonderful story to share! Last night was an inspiring evening for the Pagliai's crew. It started when a customer came to the drive-thru and noticed that some of his friends were dining inside. He picked up his order then came in and paid for both of his friends' tabs. Those parties were seated at tables ? and ? The surprised guests at table ? then paid for everyone at table #11. The group at table #11 then paid for the party at table ? Table
    went on to pay for everyone at tables ? and ? Next, the folks at table ? paid for everyone at table ? The group at table ? tried to pay for another table's meal only to learn that every bill in the restaurant had already been paid in full! We humbly submit that this beautiful event could only have happened in Murray. Wouldn't it be nice if the whole world worked like this all the time? Thank you to our beautiful patrons who all share such generous spirits. We are amazed by you. Feel free to share this story. Maybe we can start a trend? #PayItForward #Gratitude
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Even though I wouldn't consider us a small town, this happens a lot here in the coffee/breakfast drive-thrus. Years ago I was going thru one and the girl in the window said " you are all set, car in front of you just paid ". I said ok, thank you and drove away...Lol. I later learned it was a pay it forward game and began participating.

There is also a version were you select a certain item(s) and pay for it. The clerk puts the ticket off to the side and the next person to place that specific order gets it for free.

Comment

I have received coffee purchased for me the dive thru and have paid for someone else's many times...
      But recently I saw this meme posted on facebook and it made me think...I'm going to find a more meaningful a deserving way to give....
      No judgement on people that do this at all...I still think it's pretty cool...
      image.png
      No signature :(

Comment

Originally posted by Vmass View Post
        Even though I wouldn't consider us a small town, this happens a lot here in the coffee/breakfast drive-thrus. Years ago I was going thru one and the girl in the window said " you are all set, car in front of you just paid ". I said ok, thank you and drove away...Lol. I later learned it was a pay it forward game and began participating.
        Years ago I was riding somewhere with my boss, boss was driving.
        boss decides he wants to go through nearby Hardee's.
        I didn't want anything.
        So my boss ordered about fifteen dollars worth of food.

We get to the pickup window and young gal tells my boss that the people in front of him paid for his and if he'd like to pay for people behind us.

My boss says "why the hell would I do that"
        young gal tries to explain the "pay it forward" thing to boss.

My boss says " the people in front probably know me" and looks to me and says "I bet that's Robert "

Young gal again somewhat laughing tries to explain again, my boss says "that's the Dumbest chit I've ever heard of"

Young gal again tries to explain to boss, she tells my boss that they have had two dozen cars "pay it forward" and the car behind us only ordered a drink

At this point I look over and a dozens Hardee's employees are in the window looking somewhat puzzled at my boss.

The people in front had to pull over and wait for their order, so as we drive off they are looking at us and my boss is looking at them and trying to figure out how he knows them...lol

boss is big rebublican supportee, the car that paid for his had all kinds of bernie hillary peace, save the trees and save the whales stickers, along with several punk rock bands logos plastered on hatchback.....and out of state plates...

Pretty sure they didn't know each other.

I about died laughing, truly one of the funniest things I've witnessed I never said a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by trent View Post

I didn't want anything.

We get to the pickup window and young gal tells my boss that the people in front of him paid for his and if he'd like to pay for people behind us.

My boss says " the people in front probably know me" and looks to me and says "I bet that's Robert "

Young gal again somewhat laughing tries to explain again, my boss says "that's the Dumbest chit I've ever heard of"

Young gal again tries to explain to boss, she tells my boss that they have had two dozen cars "pay it forward" and the car behind us only ordered a drink

At this point I look over and a dozens Hardee's employees are in the window looking somewhat puzzled at my boss.

The people in front had to pull over and wait for their order, so as we drive off they are looking at us and my boss is looking at them and trying to figure out how he knows them...lol

boss is big rebublican supportee, the car that paid for his had all kinds of bernie hillary peace, save the trees and save the whales stickers, along with several punk rock bands logos plastered on hatchback.....and out of state plates...

I about died laughing, truly one of the funniest things I've witnessed I never said a thing.
          LOl…..that’s hilarious and someone has to end it!

I have been told
          that it can go on for hours, workers probably get tired of it.

Comment

Originally posted by trent View Post

I didn't want anything.

I don't get it. Your boss is a jerk and that's funny?
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
              We humbly submit that this beautiful event could only have happened in Murray.
              Got to know three or four guys from Murray a long time ago, they became rather affectionately known as "The Kentucky Boys" in our group of friends. Good guys all around!
              1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
              1982 GS450txz (former bike)
              LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

I identify as a man but according to the label on a box of Stauffers Baked Lasagne I'm actually a family of four

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
                This was posted on the Facebook page of a local Pizza place today.

We have such a wonderful story to share! Last night was an inspiring evening for the Pagliai's crew. It started when a customer came to the drive-thru and noticed that some of his friends were dining inside. He picked up his order then came in and paid for both of his friends' tabs. Those parties were seated at tables ? and ? The surprised guests at table ? then paid for everyone at table #11. The group at table #11 then paid for the party at table ? Table
                went on to pay for everyone at tables ? and ? Next, the folks at table ? paid for everyone at table ? The group at table ? tried to pay for another table's meal only to learn that every bill in the restaurant had already been paid in full! We humbly submit that this beautiful event could only have happened in Murray. Wouldn't it be nice if the whole world worked like this all the time? Thank you to our beautiful patrons who all share such generous spirits. We are amazed by you. Feel free to share this story. Maybe we can start a trend? #PayItForward #Gratitude
                I think this thread need revisited lol

I've had strangers pay for things for me and wife and I do it so randomly anymore,

just few days ago wife and I was at a dairy queen drive thru getting ice cream cone, wife outta the blue says " want to pay for the people behind us"

I kinda glance in rear view and say "I guess" lol.
                But I want to share a story,
                It was a rainy cool autumn morning, I'm at a gas station putting gas in my truck at a small gas station just on edge of town.

Eight pumps fairly close and all full, one car leave and this rusty , rough looking little four door car pulls into available pump.

High school age looking kid gets out, and says to a woman next to him " hello, this weather really is something " she pretty much just ignored him.

So he says some greeting to another, same thing they brush the kid off.

He starts pumping his gas and cheerfully says something to another person, they also give him the cold shoulder.

He finally says something to me about the weather and i say yeah its really something out here? And we talk while pumping our gas, he tells me he's on his way to next town for a job interview and i say "thats cool"

He goes in pays for his fuel and I'm going in to pay for mine and to get a pop,

He's walking out as I'm going in he says have a nice day, I tell him the same and wish him luck on job interview.

I go in and they tell me that kid paid $20 dollars of my gas ??

On my way home it hit me hard emotionally for some reason,
                that kid didn't look like he could afford that, here i was driving a nice truck and he was driving a rough looking older car.
                He shouldn't have done that...but he did..something else.

About the same thing happened to me another time, this time a older bald headed black guy...and again talked at pumps and again $20 buck he paid for me.

Comment

That's the way Billy Preston planned it!
                  1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Sorry figured I'd share something I remember from about a month ago.

Small town I was working near has gas station. two little roadside cafe.
                    These little Cafe get busy at breakfast and lunch time.

I was in there at lunch time and some guys passing through were in there, the main lunch crowd had left and I overheard these guys they were on their way to some sporting event. Bout eight of them.

They were giving the poor waitress a hard time, to the point at the end she was visible upset.
                    I felt like saying something, it was getting to that, but really didn't want to interfere, I'm sure these gals have experienced this before.

They got the bill, paid it and left, when the waitress went back to clear table she started crying and freaking out.

One of the older ladies came out to see what was wrong, I guess they left her a note thanking her for putting up with her and about a hundred and twenty dollar tip.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                      That's the way Billy Preston planned it!
                      How about Dr John?

Comment

Same vein.

Comment

Working...
                        X