Bike in the living room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bike in the living room

Fun article....anyone have a bike in the house?
    A motorcycle expression of love or just trying too hard? Motorcycles in the home divide motorcyclists. What are the pros and cons? A Motorcyclist debate.
    No signature :(

Being single definitely has it's advantages, here's my 450 being rehabbed in a 16X16 cabin I was living on at the time.
    Attached Files
    1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
    1982 GS450txz (former bike)
    LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

I identify as a man but according to the label on a box of Stauffers Baked Lasagne I'm actually a family of four

Comment

I keep some parts in my house but it's elevated so getting the whole scoot in there would be a big issue.
      However, if I had my way I would build a mechanics kitchen/great room with a display. Looks in wallet, yea, no... lol
      A friend has an original unrestored 71 Norton purchased by his uncle from a True Value hardware store in upstate Michigan. Original title and receipt.
      He want's to build an indoor display.
      Current:
      1993 ZX11 - 2nd build in progress
      1977 GS750 (710 is getting closer)
      1998 Kawasaki Voyager - selling
      1998 Chevy C2500
      1999 Rav4

Comment

Had a co worker who ask some of us to help get his motorcycle in his house, he got his license suspended for six month and he said there was no way in hell he had the will power not to ride it over the next six month...lol, considering it was beginning of april I understand.

It waa harder that I thought it would be, small front yard couple step right off of sidewalk.....ten feet then up dozen steps onto the porch.

That would have been good enough,but nope he had to bring it in.

Nice little harley, I took pics , but it was years ago, I'd have to go through my old phone.
        What's really funny to me about this guy, he bought what he called a "beach cruiser " bicycle....got some kind of motorized kit for bicycles, and rode this thing everyday to the shop/ work almost everyday, about twenty miles...lol

at some point he did have to get a heavier duty beach cruiser, first one didn't hold up.

Comment

Not since the '80s. I was married and had a Kawasaki and a Sportster in the spare bedroom as we were young & poor & had no garage
          Paul

sigpic

Comment

11EZ a few feet away from my living room couch (closer than it was in my avatar). A few years ago a brand new Sportster was next to it. I have very nice furniture; none of it is nicer than the bike.
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

I used to keep my 500cc kaw triple in my dining room. I kept it in the dining room because I didn't have a garage and I was building a gaff rigged sloop in my living room.
              Last edited by earlfor; 09-28-2023, 08:01 PM.
              Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

That human beings can not bear too much reality, explains so much.

Comment

A Kawasaki Mach III can stay anywhere it wants.
                1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Took my gs 1100 in motel room once....LOL

I was afraid it would be stolen.

Comment

Co workers, from previous post, this is once it was inside door, can't find pic of where he finally parked it.lol

Screenshot_20230928_095712_Facebook.jpg

Comment

Wife wasn't to happy, but it was cold in the garage!

1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

A friend of mine built an indent in the wall of his living room and placed his almost new XS1100 in it. I guess he liked to look at it more than ride it. He passed away a few years ago and was still on his starter wife so she must have been okay with it.
                        1986 1150EF
                        2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

I don't have my bikes in the living room, but the garage is an integral part of the building and is only a step away from the LR, so there's that.
                          Sometimes I wondered if it would be cheaper heating the garage and just living in it during the winter - fully insulated as it is, it's quite cosy in there.
                          Actually, this winter I'll be shifting things around to clear space, so I will end up with two bikes in the kitchen.
                          ---- Dave

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
                            ...two bikes in the kitchen.
                            In college, we had a backdoor in the kitchen. No steps, sill or threshold - easy peasy, Japanesy. My housemate's CB500 twin and my CB350 with 6" extended forks rolled in and out with no problem. A lot of guests were impressed. And who needs a table and chairs in the kitchen? That's what the dining room was for.

I've always thought motorcycles look a little bigger indoors. And they certainly don't deserve to be left out in the cold rain and snow.

Comment

Surprised Steve Murdoch hasn't chimed in. He's the master at this sort of thing.
                              '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/
                              https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4306/35860327946_08fdd555ac_z.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X