Insidious AI at Meta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insidious AI at Meta

This seems to me to be a rare moment with Meta/Facebook acknowledging how insidious their systems really are as they seek gain information about everyone.
    In this article meta acknowledges that if any member has posted anything about you anywhere on its systems it will be used..

A new chatbot prompted some users to wonder how Meta's AI systems use their data and what, if anything, they can do to opt out of the new feature.

If I don't use Meta's social networks, could the company still train its AI systems on my data?

It's possible.

"Even if you don’t use our products and services or have an account, we may still process information about you to develop and improve AI at Meta," the company's privacy centre says.

"For example, this could happen if you appear anywhere in an image shared on our products or services by someone who does use them or if someone mentions information about you in posts or captions that they share on our products and services."

Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Working...
X