Vacation is over......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vacation is over......

I had my "Welcome to Medicare" Dr. Appt. today. I went in for Labs last week after returning from the Indiana rally. As I suspected some of my numbers were out of normal range, A1C and a couple of others. I told the Doc that during the rally I ate and drank whatever I wanted including some very good Moonshine. He smirked and said "Fine but vacation is over." Back to more salads and less beer..............
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

I have to go to my doctor. I haven't seen him since before covid... I know I'm still in his records because he still keeps prescribing me my Allopurinol. (Gout medicine) I Love my doctor.
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Had a colonoscopy today after repeated strong suggestions by my PCP. All Clear. Doc said he wouldn’t need to see me for 10 years.
      Rich
      1982 GS 750TZ
      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
        Had a colonoscopy today after repeated strong suggestions by my PCP. All Clear. Doc said he wouldn’t need to see me for 10 years.
        I did the Cologard 3 years ago, they said I was good for 5 years.
        sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
        2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
          They told me that I was good for 10 years. 4 1/2 years later I started bleeding. They found a tumor that they said was probably a couple years old. Went through radiation and chemo. Not pretty. I don't have any family history of cancer. I just had another PET scan and they say that I'm good for now. I will have to check back in 6 months.
          Dale

1982 Suzuki GS1100G
          2017 Kawasaki Versys-X 300
          1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
          1997 Honda 250 Rebel
          1984 Honda Nighthawk S CB700SC
          1973 Yamaha RT3 360

Comment

Originally posted by GS1100GZ View Post

They told me that I was good for 10 years. 4 1/2 years later I started bleeding. They found a tumor that they said was probably a couple years old. Went through radiation and chemo. Not pretty. I don't have any family history of cancer. I just had another PET scan and they say that I'm good for now. I will have to check back in 6 months.
            Damn, getting old sucks! Glad to hear you are doing better!

My doc told me 10 years after getting probed. They made me do the probe after finding blood in the poop stick test. I figured it was hemorrhoids, and it was, but they did the probe anyway. Better safe than sorry.
            Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
              He smirked and said "Fine but vacation is over." Back to more salads and less beer..............
              That's when the sayin "get second opinion " comes to mind...lol

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
                I had my "Welcome to Medicare" Dr. Appt. today. I went in for Labs last week after returning from the Indiana rally. As I suspected some of my numbers were out of normal range, A1C and a couple of others. I told the Doc that during the rally I ate and drank whatever I wanted including some very good Moonshine. He smirked and said "Fine but vacation is over." Back to more salads and less beer..............
                The Tuesday after the BCR, I went in for my normal INR check, (warfarin, or coumadin blood thinners), and was way over my numbers. About double. Alcohol does that.
                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post

The Tuesday after the BCR, I went in for my normal INR check, (warfarin, or coumadin blood thinners), and was way over my numbers. About double. Alcohol does that.
                  I've got a physical scheduled for 7/18. I have a statin and some sort of "water pill"...I really should read the names of these things. I do some weights most mornings, go to the dog park, play pickleball a couple times a week, work everyday on this house I bought across the river (I even hired one of my 8th graders to help, and he's making me work harder), drink about two drinks a week.....eat REALLY healthy..........and I'm still fat (220#).We'll see how close to dead I am after the 18th.
                  "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

"Beware of the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...dStatesMap.jpg

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

Comment

Jeez, I jumped on one of those novelty scales that gives you a horoscope type message for 5¢ yesterday at a tourist trap while looking for a gift for a friend's upcoming birthday. Haven't been on a scale in probably 5-6 years, the mirror tells me what I need to do to stay fit. When my veins are not as prominent I know I need to drink more water, if I crave chocolate I need to get some magnesium in me and if my hands cramp up while riding it's most likely I need some carbs, a banana or two gives me that as well as potassium in case that's the issue.

Hit my estimated weight within five pounds! There's a lot to be said for mindfulness, combine that with some personal discipline and the doctors can sell their potions to someone else.
                    1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
                    1982 GS450txz (former bike)
                    LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

I identify as a man but according to the label on a box of Stauffers Baked Lasagne I'm actually a family of four

Comment

Originally posted by Bert Patterson View Post

I've got a physical scheduled for 7/18. I have a statin and some sort of "water pill"...I really should read the names of these things. I do some weights most mornings, go to the dog park, play pickleball a couple times a week, work everyday on this house I bought across the river (I even hired one of my 8th graders to help, and he's making me work harder), drink about two drinks a week.....eat REALLY healthy..........and I'm still fat (220#).We'll see how close to dead I am after the 18th.
                      My boss says white men over forty are supposed to be fat ???..LOL

Comment

Originally posted by trent View Post

My boss says white men over forty are supposed to be fat ???..LOL
                        Only in America!
                        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post

Only in America!
                          .................Screenshot_20240703_102014_Chrome.jpg

Comment

Working...
                          X