Snail-mail. Is this a record?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snail-mail. Is this a record?

It was mailed via Britain's Royal Mail and seems to have gotten a bit delayed in their service.

But....the postcard was finally delivered.............121 years late.

The card was addressed to a Miss Lydia Davies, who lived at the address when it was sent in 1903.
    Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

At least it arrived.

Got USPS beat..lol

Comment

Hoping Miss Lydia got to enjoy reading it.
      1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Fortunately, it was not a library book being returned. eh
        Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

That human beings can not bear too much reality, explains so much.

Comment

Makes one wonder where it has been in all those years
          '83 GS650G
          '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Have you ever tried to ship something to Canada? Same results...
            My Motorcycles:
            22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
            22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
            82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
            81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
            79 1000e (all original)
            82 850g (all original)
            80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

I've been waiting since Wednesday of last week for a package to be delivered that the tracking number says is in a warehouse 30 miles from here.
              1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
              1982 GS450txz (former bike)
              LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

I identify as a man but according to the label on a box of Stauffers Baked Lasagne I'm actually a family of four

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                Have you ever tried to ship something to Canada? Same results...
                Actually I have a few times. Bicycle parts from Ireland, 8 days. Motorcycle gas tank from Greece, 10 days. Tires from Montreal, 2 weeks ...go figure.
                '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/
                https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4306/35860327946_08fdd555ac_z.jpg

Comment

Reading the tracking can be amusing and frustrating.....ordered something in Seattle, went to several depots around Chicago, for three weeks, then to Toronto for 4-5 days, then back to the west coast to Richmond, BC, and finally to West Kelowna. Almost 4 weeks in total. Then there is the 4 days from Manchester, UK, and the 3 days from Viet Nam.

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
                    I've been waiting since Wednesday of last week for a package to be delivered that the tracking number says is in a warehouse 30 miles from here.
                    Sent in phone , return for new phone insurance claim through USPS.

Two weeks go by and they,phone company, send me email saying they have not received my damaged phone and in thirty days I'll be charged $250 if damaged phone isn't returned.

Tracking number says it's still at the local USPS where I took it to be sent off...few blocks from my house.

So I call post office yesterday, they say there is something wrong with address on the prepiad return label, so I call phone people and they fax me a new label.

Then phone people text me five minutes later saying they've received the phone last friday...lol...cool.

Comment

It seems technology would have made the shipping things better. I remember yrs. ago every now and then something would get lost, or delayed, in the mail, not much different than today.
                      1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Hmmm.....what was happening back then between England and Ireland?

Perhaps some clever Irishman decided to demonstrate a theory that a descendant of one of his fellows would make famous,

If it can go wrong, it will go wrong.

:
                        Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

Originally posted by argonsagas View Post
                          Hmmm.....what was happening back then between England and Ireland?

Perhaps some clever Irishman decided to demonstrate a theory that a descendant of one of his fellows would make famous,

If it can go wrong, it will go wrong.

:
                          It's postmarked 'Fishguard', in Wales. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it went around the world.
                          ---- Dave

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Working...
                          X