The art of sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The art of sound

I found this article about the real art behind movie sound to be fascinating, filled with anecdotal tidbits and unknown facts.
    Too long to reproduce in a single page, it is good reading

.https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...ound-in-movies
    Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

That's a tough business to find work in. Over the years I've come across little short films and skits that Foley Artists (people in this article) Videographers, Lighting Crew (Gaffers) etc have worked on for FREE just to keep their resumes fresh while trying to land gigs.

Here's an example of one such project, everyone involved donated their time not just to a good cause but to keep their career alive. There ain't no business like show business!

1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
    1982 GS450txz (former bike)
    LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

I identify as a man but according to the label on a box of Stauffers Baked Lasagne I'm actually a family of four

Comment

I liked learning that some of what was done to make action and background sounds in early (1930s/1940s) radio shows is still done today in movies.
      Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

Working...
      X