No announcement yet.

Sunday night music....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reminiscing again, This weekend our Public Broadcasting Station played 2 hrs of Simon Garfunkel "The Concert in Central Park"... Why do we not have stuff like that anymore.
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

This post may very well get me booted but I don't care! I'd heard of a character called Uncle Ruckus from a guy I know from Philly, this was probably around 2005. He was somebody he'd always liked running into and he had a bit of a following in the bar scene, not an act per se just a wild kinda guy. My best guess is the Uncle Ruckus presented here is a homage to him, can't say I know for sure.

The backing music is nothing short of the most perfect representation of HELLBILLY music I've ever come across. Nobody can deny that fiddle playing! Top shelf music.

Last edited by LAB3; 07-26-2024, 07:11 PM.
      1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
      1982 GS450txz (former bike)
      LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

I identify as a man but according to the label on a box of Stauffers Baked Lasagne I'm actually a family of four

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
        Reminiscing again, This weekend our Public Broadcasting Station played 2 hrs of Simon Garfunkel "The Concert in Central Park"... Why do we not have stuff like that anymore.
        I was there. Crowded. My buddy's wife brought her German Shepherd. People gave us a little room!
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

I've posted PMJ before. Usually attracted to some of their brilliantly talented female singers. Here's a male voice doing Soundgarden like you've never heard it before. RIP Chris Cornell. Enjoy.
          Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

15 characters

1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

Really looking forward to The Muddy Roots Music Festival this coming Labor Day weekend! Been trying to make it there for over five years now and this time it's gonna happen. Here's one from the headline act, it's really hard to pin them down since they tap into so many different rock elements from old school blues rock, stoner rock, metal, punk, you name it.

1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
              1982 GS450txz (former bike)
              LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

I identify as a man but according to the label on a box of Stauffers Baked Lasagne I'm actually a family of four

Comment

I don't know what to do, I think it's
                "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Working...
                X