Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post

It's called the Mather Arch and is in Fort Erie which is the small town across the Niagara River from Buffalo.
    Has an art deco-ish vibe to it. The look changes dramatically depending on the time of day and length of shadows.
    https://militarybruce.com/mather-arc...f-two-nations/
    Awesome! Very interesting story.

I must have passed you on either Tuesday or Wednesday when I went to Toronto. I took I-90 out and the 401 back going around the whole lake. I went out to help start moving a friend back to Vermont. I'll be back out soon enough and I'll have to add that to my next stop coming through to break up the trip.

Thank you for the information!
    Last edited by Jedz123; 09-07-2024, 06:13 AM.
    Jedz Moto
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2002 Honda Reflex 250
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120
    2023 Triumph Scrambler 1200XE
    Cages: '18 Subaru OB wagon 3.6R and '16 Mazda 3
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Good morning GSR folks
      The votes are in for this week's photo contest! Here are the results, listed by the number of votes received:

. Steve Murdoch- 2 votes
      . Kerrfunk - 3 votes
      . Rich82GS750TZ - 1 vote
      . Storm 64 - 1votes
      . Burque73 - 1 vote
      . Gustovh - 1 vote
      . Baatfam- 1 vote
      . Skull650 - 1 vote

Kerrfunk pulls into first place with his midnight special Triumph. I don't have my readers so if this is off... Let me know.

Congratulations to all that received a vote!

What's next for a theme?

Have a great day!
      Jedz Moto
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2002 Honda Reflex 250
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120
      2023 Triumph Scrambler 1200XE
      Cages: '18 Subaru OB wagon 3.6R and '16 Mazda 3
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Yep, your count looks good Jedz.

I recounted three times, surly Kerrfunk couldn't have won, he never wins!
        ​​​Just goes to show how fast you can go from zero to hero.
        From nothing to something.
        From dud to dazzling.
        From into the frying pan to being the frying pan... ? What?
        Anyway CONGRATULATIONS Kerry! Great picture and thanks for playing along.

And even if you didn't get a vote (trevor). That doesn't mean it wasn't a great picture (trevor).
        Just keep playing (trevor) your time will come around (trevor).
        A lot of times the best photo doesn't win. Just ask Baatfam!
        My Motorcycles:
        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
        79 1000e (all original)
        82 850g (all original)
        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
          Yep, your count looks good Jedz.

I recounted three times, surly Kerrfunk couldn't have won, he never wins!
          ​​​Just goes to show how fast you can go from zero to hero.
          From nothing to something.
          From dud to dazzling.
          From into the frying pan to being the frying pan... ? What?
          Anyway CONGRATULATIONS Kerry! Great picture and thanks for playing along.
          LOL!!
          A truly LEGENDary performance, wouldn't you say? After all, it is a Triumph LEGEND!

My folks are visiting this weekend, and we are going to the legendary MOTHMAN MUSEUM. I've seen the Mothman, but I have not been in the museum.

So the theme: LEGENDARY. As you see fit.

"I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51693054986_036c0d6951_m.jpg https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51693282393_74ae51fbf9_m.jpg https://flic.kr/p/2mKXzTx]

Comment

Wes Cooley the "legend" in my garage....I look back and still find it hard to believe that he stayed at my house...what a memory of such a nice man.

No signature :(

Comment

Game over. I'm not even going to try to compete with Wes...
              My Motorcycles:
              79 1000e (all original)
              82 850g (all original)

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                .................................. we are going to the legendary MOTHMAN MUSEUM. .
                So, did you have opportunity to explain to your parents about this online weekly photo contest on a forum for 1970s-80s Suzuki motorcycles ? You can tell your mom that she has been featured, maybe more than once.

And then they get to see the Mothman Museam.

Last edited by Redman; 09-07-2024, 04:55 PM.
                http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
                Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

Seriously. Is this a game anymore.

Last week there were 7 posts by the same time, 1 post this week. I drop in and out and i don't even expect to get one vote. In fact i have hardly ever got a vote, a couple here and there, actually got the top rung once. There is a certain amount of bias on here. Although it is often not about the photo, more about a preference of someone or a bike, (stated often), and who's to say one pic is better than another even if it has better balance or framing.

Again i know i won't get a vote but i'll throw in a pic to at least to give Trevor a fright

Legendary trip after my Fathers legendary 80th birthday, (Piped in a Hagas). Took my 12 year old Son back to his home 200mile away. His first real ride on my Legendary XS650.
                  scan0006 copyright.jpg
                  82 GS650E (Canadian), 83 XS650SK (Canadian), Main machines Running
                  Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
                  Introduction and ongoing thread for myGS650Ez
                  Albums

Comment

Trevor's the legend. I never heard of Wes Cooley until Trevor brought him up.
                    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

20230923_121841.jpgThe legendary Rt555 "The Triple Nickle" in southeast Ohio!
                      My Motorcycles:
                      79 1000e (all original)
                      82 850g (all original)

Comment

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Is this stuff legendary?
                          Ron
                          When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!https://www.thegsresources.com/_forum/core/images/smilies/cool.png
                          1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
                          1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
                          1982 GS1100E - April 2024 BOTM
                          1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Originally posted by 650Skull View Post

Last week there were 7 posts by the same time, 1 post this week. I drop in and out and i don't even expect to get one vote. In fact i have hardly ever got a vote, a couple here and there, actually got the top rung once. There is a certain amount of bias on here. Although it is often not about the photo, more about a preference of someone or a bike, (stated often), and who's to say one pic is better than another even if it has better balance or framing.

Again i know i won't get a vote but i'll throw in a pic to at least to give Trevor a fright

Legendary trip after my Fathers legendary 80th birthday, (Piped in a Hagas). Took my 12 year old Son back to his home 200mile away. His first real ride on my Legendary XS650.
                            scan0006 copyright.jpg
                            Yes, it's a game. Don't take it too seriously and have fun. Sometimes it's a photo contest, sometimes it's just a spot to share a special Pic that fits the theme, but always, hopefully, just a fun thing.

i loved your pic last week, BTW. Looked like it was from the cover of a Chiltons Service manual.

We've had that (and most) themes a few times now. Seems easy to jus take a pic and switch it to black and white. I like to try and mix it up a bit with different interpretations. Creativity makes it fun.

Sure is great to see others participating. I used to think there was some sort of bias too, but doubt it.
                            Roger

Current rides
                            1983 GS 850G
                            1982 GS1100GK

https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AZARCACOIDILINKSMONVNMOKTXUTWYsm.jpg Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400, 2003 FJR1300

Comment

scan0006 copyright.jpg
                              Fwiw...I voted for you last week
                              No signature :(

Comment

Last week there were 7 posts by the same time, 1 post this week. I drop in and out and i don't even expect to get one vote. In fact i have hardly ever got a vote, a couple here and there, actually got the top rung once. There is a certain amount of bias on here.;
                                How can there be a bias? It's entirely open and anyone can see the process.
                                I haven't won for a while, so I'm convinced that some are biased against me - or it might just be I haven't put much any interest in.
                                ---- Dave

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Working...
                                X