"Over capacity" in Imgur?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
    Can someone suggest another site that will work for putting large pics on GSR?
    Rob, what do you mean by "large pics"? I'm going to assume you know this but just for the sake of communication, you don't need, or want to upload large file size pics to the GSR, or onto your hosting site for that matter, unless you really need that.
    Have you tried emailing/reaching out to Imgur via there help page? It took me a minute to find it. I used Imgur regularly, in fact I just logged in with zero issues.
    Ryan

1979 GS850G - currently undergoing a major overhaul
    1986 GSX-R750 - I'm figuring it out

Comment

Originally posted by RustyTank View Post
      Rob, what do you mean by "large pics"? I'm going to assume you know this but just for the sake of communication, you don't need, or want to upload large file size pics to the GSR, or onto your hosting site for that matter, unless you really need that.
      Have you tried emailing/reaching out to Imgur via there help page? It took me a minute to find it.
      I am pretty sure Rob is trying to just post his photos in full size, like most of us do, rather than a thumbnail.
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
        I am pretty sure Rob is trying to just post his photos in full size, like most of us do, rather than a thumbnail.
        Oh ok. I thought that may have been what he meant but...uh...sometimes Bob, I over share my thoughts on a subject, lol
        Ryan

Comment

Oh ok. I thought that may have been what he meant but...uh...sometimes Bob, I over share my thoughts on a subject, lol
          Don't we all?? LOL....
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
            They woke up one day and realised they were circling the drain, so held all their users to ransom.
            Pay us $400 per year or lose all your pics, basically, and in the meantime all the pics that had been linked to thousands of forums went blank.
            That was the original bone-headed notion that pyssed everyone off.
            Wow, that sounds dramatic. What a debacle.
            Last edited by RustyTank; 12-15-2021, 06:52 PM.
            Ryan

Comment

Rob, looks like Imgur is now back up. I just logged into and out of your account, long enough to grab this screenshot. Imgur sure does try hard to switch itself to the app or mobile version when using the phone. Again, you can’t get the BBCode needed to post full size (or various sizes) on the forum. You need to log in, full desktop site, not mobile, not Beta, not the App. You need it to display a screen that looks like this. Then you tap (mouse click) on an middle of an image on this screen, then a new screen will open showing different size and formats. Select a size, copy the BBCode, then past the copied code into the forum post. This image is done with exactly that process. I chose large thumbnail size.

Rich
              1982 GS 750TZ
              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
              Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

I don't get anything near as sophisticated as that fancy Imgur over capacity screen. I get a line or two of text on a white screen, it looks like a line of code from a program. Still getting it as soon as I tap sign in.
                1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Rob, just for sh/ts and giggles, if you’re on iPad / Safari, try going to settings>Safari > Clear website data. Don’t know if it’ll help, but can’t hurt. What version of iOS are you on. Try updating?
                  Rich
                  1982 GS 750TZ
                  2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

"error":"Imgur is temporarily over capacity. Please try again later

Above is most of the message I get.
                    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

I believe I've just successfully created a Flickr account for myself, but I'm at a loss as to the next step. I set it up on my Samsung phone just so I could post pics to the GSR. Help is appreciated.

Comment

image by Bob Wayne, on Flickr

I know some have said I'm hard to shop for, but that's not really true. For instance, above is a 1972 Sportster. Four speed, shift on the right and brake on the left. Cable clutch and brake. The air cleaner is perfection and says, "1000." The seat reminds me of a 19-year-old girl in tight jeans.

Thanks to Rich for the Flickr lesson!

Comment

YAY, Rob's posting full size pictures. Well done. Glad you stuck with it.
                          Rich
                          1982 GS 750TZ
                          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Well done Bob. Are you on a free account with Flicker then?
                            Also, I'm curious if you ever reached out to Imgur for help?
                            Ryan

Comment

Well done Bob. Are you on a free account with Flicker then?
                              Also, I'm curious if you ever reached out to Imgur for help?
                              Never reached out to Imgur; I got a free Flickr account. I'll never get close to 1,000 photos. I think...

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                              YAY, Rob's posting full size pictures. Well done. Glad you stuck with it.
                              I owe it all to you, Rich.

And guys, if you can't find a '72 Sporty in that color, don't worry.

Comment

Working...
                              X