Dateline:NYC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dateline:NYC

Radio City Music Hall cancelled four performances of it's Christmas Spectacular (The Rockettes) today because of Covid. Tourists from Florida and other far flung places were in their seats and told to leave. Many Broadway shows were also canceled. Football (real, American football) and Hockey were among the sports that had to cancel or postpone games.

People were transfixed at the sight of a teenage brother and sister sliding down a pipe from their seventh story window as flames shot out of their apartment windows. It has been determined what caused the fire: an exploding lithium-ion battery in an electric bike in the apartment. The explosion knocked down a wall in the apartment. I believe they reported it had been charging at the time of the explosion, but what caught my attention was that seven e-bikes were inside that apartment.

This is Rob S., your handy-dandy big city reporter, keeping you apprised of events in The Big Apple.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

We are Netflix-ing (my wife is) and I'm logged on between here and another forum.

Our Friday Night hangout (Restaurant 55 here in Dover) is a thing of the past. It was March 13th, 2020 when it was our last non-covid restriction visit.

I grew up in LA and now live in a much less denser city on the opposite coast.

Thanks for the update, Rob in NYC.

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
      Radio City Music Hall cancelled four performances of it's Christmas Spectacular (The Rockettes) today because of Covid. Tourists from Florida and other far flung places were in their seats and told to leave. Many Broadway shows were also canceled. Football (real, American football) and Hockey were among the sports that had to cancel or postpone games.

People were transfixed at the sight of a teenage brother and sister sliding down a pipe from their seventh story window as flames shot out of their apartment windows. It has been determined what caused the fire: an exploding lithium-ion battery in an electric bike in the apartment. The explosion knocked down a wall in the apartment. I believe they reported it had been charging at the time of the explosion, but what caught my attention was that seven e-bikes were inside that apartment.

This is Rob S., your handy-dandy big city reporter, keeping you apprised of events in The Big Apple.
      Are you wearing a fedora with a press pass in the brim and barking copy into a candlestick phone ensconced in a wood panel phone booth.
      1983 GS 550 LD
      2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
        Are you wearing a fedora with a press pass in the brim and barking copy into a candlestick phone ensconced in a wood panel phone booth.
        In my mind, yes I am. HOLD THE PRESS! HOLD THE PRESS! DEWEY DEFEATS TRUMAN!
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Mr. and Mrs, America and all the ships at sea......
          Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Comment

I can smell the wood, cigarette smoke and haircream.....
            97 R1100R
            Previous
            80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

I miss NYC. I used to frequent it several years ago. Searching for the best bagel at 2 a.m. was always a good time.

Have never found anyplace that even compares to their bagels. Deli after deli, bordega and corner store.......great place!

Comment

Originally posted by Brendan W View Post
                I can smell the wood, cigarette smoke and haircream.....

Saving Film and Television history at www.tvdays.com www.GallenHomeMovies.com www.Seagate.com www.Drobo.com https://www.facebook.com/ira.gallen ht...
                Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

What struck me was seven e-bikes in one apartment; one was charging and blew up, but how many of them were charging at the same time?

They think it's the older, 'refurbished' ones that may be the most dangerous, but how can I feel safe with even one brand new one in my apartment?

But I feel perfectly safe with Suzi in my living room, with her battery (which I charge every month or so) and her half tank of two-year-old gas.

Comment

I've seen the movie "Warriors" enough times to know to stay away from New York City! 😯
                    My Motorcycles:
                    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                    79 1000e (all original)
                    82 850g (all original)
                    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                      I've seen the movie "Warriors" enough times to know to stay away from New York City! 
                      LOLOLOLOL

Warriors...come out and play!

My first time in NY was at the airport...I forgot where I was flying to. I left my bag unattended for a minute and one of the skycab workers told me, "don't ever leave your bag alone". lol

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                        LOLOLOLOL

"don't ever leave your bag alone". lol

Ed

Some women would ...well that would be offensive..LOL

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                          I've seen the movie "Warriors" enough times to know to stay away from New York City! 
                          Yes, certain hours, and certain places (sometimes beneath ground), you would be advised to avoid.

Comment

Update

Just in: 12 of 32 Broadway shows are cancelled.

Christmas events and the Times Square New Year's Eve ball drop are in limbo, but if I may editorialize, I expect all events will be cancelled.

Comment

As of this minute, the NY City Times Square 'Ball Drop' is still a go, but that could change at any time. Keep it tuned here for all the very latest.

Democratic senator Joe Manchin says he still won't support the 'build back better' bill.

Early this morning a young man committed 'sucicide by cop' when he refused to drop the kitchen knive he was holding.

Comment

Working...
                              X