Dateline:NYC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
    As of this minute, the NY City Times Square 'Ball Drop' is still a go, but that could change at any time. Keep it tuned here for all the very latest.

Democratic senator Joe Manchin says he still won't support the 'build back better' bill.

Early this morning a young man committed 'sucicide by cop' when he refused to drop the kitchen knive he was holding.
    There are times when you can turn something not happening into a powerful statement of community intent.
    Are you slave to tradition or what..
    97 R1100R
    Previous
    80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Originally posted by Brendan W View Post
      There are times when you can turn something not happening into a powerful statement of community intent.
      Are you slave to tradition or what..
      Big City Life...Metropolitans...

I grew up in a Big City...but I made the leap of faith and joined the USAF and took a 25 year hiatus from there beginning in 1986.

Of course I still have family in SoCal/LA and make visits...but it's nice to come home where it's not as populated.

I've visited the Big Apply once in late Oct of 2019...before the shut down in March 2020. Lots of activities to do then but now, I can see how it affects the people who live there.

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)

Comment

Murder in Brooklyn

Earlier today in Brooklyn, a woman was walking her pit bull when both were shot dead. No motive has been disclosed by police. But...

Sources say they saw a St. Bernard trotting away from the scene shortly afterwards. Police refused to say if it was a dog of interest.

And later in the day, police rescued a dog "trapped on a ledge" in Inwood in upper Manhattan by rappelling down to it. Was it the St. Bernard from Brooklyn, full of remorse and trying to off itself?
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

NY D.A. announced all criminal charges against former governor Andrew Cuomo would be dropped. These included charges that he misreported nursing home deaths in the state due to Covid-19 as well as charges that he played 'grab-ass' with female state employees.

Rumors are that former NY City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani will endorse a new formula of "Just For Men" hair coloring. "These colors don't run," is reported to be their new slogan.

An 81-year-old New Jersey woman punched a 500 pound black bear after it fatally hit one of her dogs. The woman said that "it was just a disagreement over garbage." The bear had no comment.
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Only in New York...or Florida.

Police came to execute a search warrant against a 50 year old man who lived with his mother in Brooklyn. The man legally owned 'several' weapons. Mom left with police while Sonny barricaded inside. Halfway through the all night incident, the police demonstrated their tear gas capability. Shortly after, Sonny came to the front porch to display his flame thrower and demonstrate that it was in good working order.

Elsewhere in the city, several people were shot overnight, including an 18 year old woman who still clings to life. I wonder if Sonny had a carry permit for the flame thrower. Maybe you don't need one in Brooklyn.

Comment

So far this year, 75 pedestrians and bicyclists have been killed in traffic accidents. Yikes!

Comment

Working...
              X