No announcement yet.

Ukraine russia invasion predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Putin getting some Irish riled up now...

A man has been arrested after a truck used to deliver ecclesiastical supplies was driven through the gates of the Russian embassy in Dublin this afternoon.
    ---- Dave

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Apparently, the Irish want their airplanes back...

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
        Putin getting some Irish riled up now...

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2022...84925-embassy/
        He says he was providing a safe corridor for the ambassador to leave
        97 R1100R
        Previous
        80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Originally posted by Brendan W View Post
          He says he was providing a safe corridor for the ambassador to leave
          https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crim...assy-1.4820488
          “The incident is a cause of extreme concern. We believe that no people of sound mind could support such senseless and barbaric actions,” the embassy statement read.

This sounds an awful lot like the Pot calling the Kettle black. Rule number one of propaganda: Accuse the other side of the very things you yourself are doing.
          1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
          1982 GS450txz (former bike)
          LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

I identify as a man but according to the label on a box of Stauffers Baked Lasagne I'm actually a family of four

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
            “The incident is a cause of extreme concern. We believe that no people of sound mind could support such senseless and barbaric actions,” the embassy statement read.

This sounds an awful lot like the Pot calling the Kettle black. Rule number one of propaganda: Accuse the other side of the very things you yourself are doing.

Sounds about right. Russia declares war on a free, sovereign country of 43 million without provocation and thinks it has the right. A man backs a truck into their embassy gate and it's a senseless barbaric action.
            Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

That human beings can not bear too much reality, explains so much.

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post

Oh! Here was me thinking he had to be talking about the pictures the driver had
              Looks like embassy season is open.
              Ecclesiastical supplies truck, nice touch.
              97 R1100R
              Previous

Comment

"more than 100,000 Ukrainians and others have flocked to Ukraine in order to fight Russian President Vladimir Putin's forces, according to Ukraine Defense Minister Oleksiy Reznikov. Ukrainians on the ground tell Fox News Digital that volunteers have been turned away from the army because it lacks weapons."

Comment

Oh! Here was me thinking he had to be talking about the pictures the driver had
                  Looks like embassy season is open.
                  Ecclesiastical supplies truck, nice touch.
                  It didn't even occur to me when I was posting the different ways that story could be twisted to fit a particular narrative. Political, religious, secular, working class etc. Guess that's what going out to have decent meal will do for you, see more possible conspiracies where none exist!

I identify as a man but according to the label on a box of Stauffers Baked Lasagne I'm actually a family of four

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                    "more than 100,000 Ukrainians and others have flocked to Ukraine in order to fight Russian President Vladimir Putin's forces, according to Ukraine Defense Minister Oleksiy Reznikov. Ukrainians on the ground tell Fox News Digital that volunteers have been turned away from the army because it lacks weapons."

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news...102853868.html
                    Who would of thought that there could be a shortage of weapons, equipping an estimated 140,000 new recruits isn't as easy as it appear. 140,000 more troops would certainly help the situation...along with some long range missiles and artillery.
                    1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF
                    http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ine=1447792849

Comment

Originally posted by wyly View Post
                      140,000 more troops would certainly help the situation...along with some long range missiles and artillery.
                      In the face of superior firepower guerilla tactics are going to be where they have the edge, especially if/when the Russians get into the cities

Comment

Originally posted by wyly View Post
                        Who would of thought that there could be a shortage of weapons, equipping an estimated 140,000 new recruits isn't as easy as it appear. 140,000 more troops would certainly help the situation...along with some long range missiles and artillery.

That had not occurred to me either. However, it causes me to wonder that if Canada and Ukraine's geographical placement was reversed, would not Canada also be short of arms?

Comment

Could it be that Vlad is finding it harder to get Russians to go abroad?
                          97 R1100R
                          Previous

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                            That had not occurred to me either. However, it causes me to wonder that if Canada and Ukraine's geographical placement was reversed, would not Canada also be short of arms?
                            absolutely, Canada has a lot of personal arms mostly hunting rifles but not military grade semi auto and full auto variety. Where would we find enough small arms to equip 100K + troops in a couple weeks. And then there are items like boots, helmets, body armour, ammunition it's a massive logistical challenge. What Canada does have is lot's of territory, it would require a massive occupation army to control and suppress the entire country. Even with the 200K troops the Russians have they'll be stretched thin trying to suppress the entire Ukraine.
                            Last edited by wyly; 03-07-2022, 05:49 PM.
                            1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF
                            http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ine=1447792849

Comment

Could it be that Vlad is finding it harder to get Russians to go abroad?
                              https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-says-pentagon
                              Syrians because Chechens werent tough enough?
                              Probably alos because they are ruthless murdering dogs who reveled in dropping barrel bombs in residential areas
                              no slav for slav pity and respect either.
                              1983 GS 550 LD
                              2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Russia has proposed cease fires in five Ukrainian cities ...... Seriously ..... Why bother ? ..... They've broken every one they've had so far ......
                                Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time1983 GS 750
                                https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4256/3...8bf549ee_t.jpghttps://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4196/3...cab9f62d_t.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X