Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gut feelings? There is much to say about that.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gut feelings? There is much to say about that.

Does the gut really affect the body...its feelings....intuition, possibly....and even the brain itself?

Apparently it has significant effects.

I have spoken with a couple of prominent microbiologists and they have VERY strong "feelings" and are actively engaged in research.

The gut, and how it works, both for obvious ways and its more subtle ways, is a fascinating subject.

This article explains a bit about it:

Some researchers believe that the microbiome may play a role in regulating how people think and feel.
    Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

This stuff is so interesting! Seems like we are really just dabbling when it comes to probiotics - it's much more complicated than we realize. That said...I think I'll buy some yogurt next time I go grocery shopping.
    Drew

1981 GS650L (one step at a time...lots to do)
    1994 Honda Shadow VLX (for sale in spring)
    2011 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Originally posted by DrewGS View Post
      This stuff is so interesting! Seems like we are really just dabbling when it comes to probiotics - it's much more complicated than we realize. That said...I think I'll buy some yogurt next time I go grocery shopping.
      Consider sauerkraut. Less than 10 cents per serving. I take it daily like a vitamin pill. When I have to take antibiotics I do multiple servings per day.
      Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Comment

Our sterilized western diet has left us with a less diverse gut bacteria than 3rd world countries. My Neurologist buddy says statistically MS seems to be a problem of 1st world countries, he suspects diet may play a part. https://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/cause-of-death/multiple-sclerosis/by-country/

Last edited by wyly; 02-08-2022, 12:08 PM.
        1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

Poop pills used as treatment for C. dificille which very nearly killed my mother.
          1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

Originally posted by dpep View Post
            Consider sauerkraut. Less than 10 cents per serving. I take it daily like a vitamin pill. When I have to take antibiotics I do multiple servings per day.

I can't tolerate the vinegar.
            All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
              I can't tolerate the vinegar.
              It is traditionally made with salt.
              No vinegar required.

Try a different brand, or make it at home.
              Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

Originally posted by wyly View Post
                Our sterilized western diet has left us with a less diverse gut bacteria than 3rd world countries. My Neurologist buddy says statistically MS seems to be a problem of 1st world countries, he suspects diet may play a part. https://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/cause-of-death/multiple-sclerosis/by-country/

Yes, indeed.
                A great deal or effort is going into research on how the gut biome may affect and/or contribute to MS and also Parkinson's

Comment

Working...
                X