Talk about return on investment!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
    Here's how I see it. If you where to have sold your home in 2007 just before the bubble burst and sat on the cash you could have bought several more properties a couple of years later.
    Too many variables for the little guy to be succesful in timing the market. Slow, steady and methodiclly wins the race.

Comment

Originally posted by Vmass View Post
      Too many variables for the little guy to be succesful in timing the market. Slow, steady and methodiclly wins the race.
      It really helps to cultivate relationships with diverse groups of people.

"Beware of artists, for they mix with all levels of society and are therefore the most dangerous"
      1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
      1982 GS450txz (former bike)
      LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

I identify as a man but according to the label on a box of Stauffers Baked Lasagne I'm actually a family of four

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
        It really helps to cultivate relationships with diverse groups of people.

"Beware of artists, for they mix with all levels of society and are therefore the most dangerous"
        It sure does! My family alone is quite diverse.........not always the most pleasing thing to deal with, but it keeps things in perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Vmass View Post
          It sure does! My family alone is quite diverse.........not always the most pleasing thing to deal with, but it keeps things in perspective.
          Luckily I have a daughter with the daughter of a big-shot economist, he's gone now but knowing what part of the "noise" to pay attention to and not pay attention to is invaluable!
          Last edited by LAB3; 02-25-2022, 12:32 PM.
          1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
          1982 GS450txz (former bike)
          LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

I identify as a man but according to the label on a box of Stauffers Baked Lasagne I'm actually a family of four

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
            My Son who lives in Orlando bought his house 11 years ago during the great housing bubble bust for 70,000 on a short sale. He currently has a firm cash offer of $255,000. He hasn't pulled the trigger yet but that is going to be hard to pass on.............
            That's awesome!

We, unfortunately, bought our house in 2007 just before the bubble burst. Paid $189k for it. It appraised yesterday at $253k. Not nearly the dramatic difference your son had, but we're still thankful for the appreciation. We're refinancing and taking some cash out to get some much needed repairs done. Our priorities are the roof and windows, maybe stucco and landscaping. I can do everything but the roof so we'll save some coin there. Hopefully, if funds allow, I'll get a new bike too. One with pedals...
            Roger

Current rides
            1983 GS 850G
            1982 GS1100GK

https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AZARCACOIDILINKSMONVNMOKTXUTWYsm.jpg Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400, 2003 FJR1300

Comment

Working...
            X