So I got the shingles vaccinne today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I got the shingles vaccinne today

I did it to *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ off AV folks more than anything else being as I waas high on the tv main board replacement success.

also don't want no shingles gonorrhea was bad enough had it so bad I thought I was a ......................................gonor....... ...................

170 bucks x 2 mooching big pharma bastards
    1983 GS 550 LD
    2009 BMW K1300s

Good on ya .... It's on my list of things I should but haven't done ......
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time1983 GS 750
    https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4256/3...8bf549ee_t.jpghttps://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4196/3...cab9f62d_t.jpg

Comment

My familiy practictioner was not so high on the idea a few years ago, but now that I am in the 50+ gang, we'll be re-visiting the question at my next annual exam. I've been missing out on those for the last couple of years.

I am surprised OHIP doesn't cover it.
      '83 GS650G
      '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
        Good on ya .... It's on my list of things I should but haven't done ......

I wouldn't worry about it. It only occurs on one side of the body, so you'll be half good with having it. Try to think of it as a partial pox on ya. lol
        Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

That human beings can not bear too much reality, explains so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
          My familiy practictioner was not so high on the idea a few years ago, but now that I am in the 50+ gang, we'll be re-visiting the question at my next annual exam. I've been missing out on those for the last couple of years.

no nor does Blue Cross even with a DR note indicating necessity. I imagine thing swill change when the patent lapses and cheaper generics are made.
          1983 GS 550 LD
          2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
            I wouldn't worry about it. It only occurs on one side of the body, so you'll be half good with having it. Try to think of it as a partial pox on ya. lol
            only the outside?
            1983 GS 550 LD
            2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post

Our Pharmacare doesn't cover it either ......
              Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time1983 GS 750
              https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4256/3...8bf549ee_t.jpghttps://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4196/3...cab9f62d_t.jpg

Comment

Asked the doc the other day and its Gonna cost me $250 a pop x 2. If i wait for another 2.5 years We get them free here in Oz
                82 GS650E (Canadian), 83 XS650SK (Canadian), Main machines Running
                Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
                Introduction and ongoing thread for myGS650Ez
                Albums

Comment

Thanks for reminding me I need to get my second shot. Fortunately Tricare covers my costs on this with no co-pay
                  Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                  1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                  2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                  Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                  and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
                    I did it to *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ off AV folks more than anything else being as I waas high on the tv main board replacement success.

also don't want no shingles gonorrhea was bad enough had it so bad I thought I was a ......................................gonor....... ...................

170 bucks x 2 mooching big pharma bastards
                    Agreed the cost is offensive but having contracted it twice it is money well spent.
                    I was fortunate the second dose was covered because i had turned 65.
                    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I'll never get shingles, standing seam metal roof all the way!

Seriously though, I've seen it enough times on other people and have had the vax for it. It's good to see that they're opening up the pharmacies to be able to do this sort of thing since there's really no reason to tie up a Doc or PE to do something this routine.
                      1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
                      1982 GS450txz (former bike)
                      LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

I identify as a man but according to the label on a box of Stauffers Baked Lasagne I'm actually a family of four

Comment

I've got to find the time to get my 2nd shot, it's free I have no excuse.
                        1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF
                        http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ine=1447792849

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                          Our Pharmacare doesn't cover it either ......
                          You are correct. NOT publicly funded in BC, either. I guess I'll have to use some of my extended health benefits. 2 doses of Shingrix @ $150/ea...
                          '83 GS650G
                          '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
                            . . . . . . . . and have had the vax for it. . . . . . . . . . . .
                            I noticed you mentioned in the singular term.
                            My doctor told me that even if I had the shingle vax from 5 years ago or before, when it was a single shot, that he would recommend the newer one (that is 2 dose) because it is so much better than the older one was.

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
                            . . . . . . . . ..... It's good to see that they're opening up the pharmacies to be able to do this sort of thing . . . . . . . . .
                            WHen I got vax shot at pharmacy, I asked pharmacist if they were taught giving injections in pahrmacy school or if that was something new. He made a couple comments, one about recently having to go to some training for giving injections, and another about part of his decision in going into pharmacy was that it was not direct patient treatment.

http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
                            Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

Originally posted by wyly View Post
                              I've got to find the time to get my 2nd shot, it's free I have no excuse.
                              I had to get a reminder for the 2nd shot. Needs to be after 2 months and before 6 months.

Were covered by my insurance, my copay was something like $28 for each of the two, otherwize would be close to $200 each.

My uncle suffered from shingle for months, so that was my motivation.
                              http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
                              Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

Working...
                              X