Replace laptop screen ? ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sucsess ! !

THe screen they sent is same exact part number, but a Ver 8.3 (verses the Ver 8.0).
    I decided to proceed with installing it.
    That little connector and those itty-bitty screws are right at the limit of my dexterity. Did a lot of fumbling, but got it.
    Computer poweredup, screen displayed, but not the display that is typical, was some display that said was doing some diagnostic scan or something like that, after a while it said I could continue to a detailed diagnostic scan (I thought maybe might have to accept some change in the hardware manager or something) or said I could power down and restart. So I powered down and restarted, and it come up as expected, and has been good since.

Thanks guys !
    Last edited by Redman; 03-05-2022, 01:56 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Was thinking about the fact that such a screen is available for $72.

Screen is 1366 x 768 pixle, 15.6 inch, 30 pin connector.
      I dont know if current laptops would still use that.

Computer is from 2018-2019, and was an inexpensive one at that time, so probably an older model, so lets say, maybe 2016-2017 vintage. And that screen probably common to many brands-models at the time.
      THe facility/equipment that produces it has probably been in operation for 6 or 7 years, already made the inteneded profit, maybe now just prodcucing screens for the service industy.
      Last edited by Redman; 03-05-2022, 01:59 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post

Computer is from 2018-2019, and was an inexpensive one at that time, so probably an older model, so lets say, maybe 2016-2017 vintage. And that screen probably common to many brands-models at the time.
        THe facility/equipment that produces it has probably been in operation for 6 or 7 years, already made the inteneded profit, maybe now just prodcucing screens for the service industy.
        v8 vs v8.3 may be anything from a slight change to some electronic bit atached tot he screen or even just an indicator of the factory it came from or its production run

the production is doubtless farmed out to various suppliers at different times depending on need and and open windows in production line capacity.

you never got a shock kudos on that.
        1983 GS 550 LD
        2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post

1366x768 is the plain jane workhorse resolution for small panels. HD barely and usually with an horrific gloss screen as opposed to matte.
          You can mod a working screen from an otherwise dead laptop into a monitor fairly cheaply to get a utilitarian monitor.
          1983 GS 550 LD
          2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Working...
          X