Clear All

This one if I am not mistaken

Comment

Huh, never heard of it.
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

cleaning_3

Today I tackled the clutch control and throttle control side of things, it was a tear down, not so much of a cleaning, will get to that at a latter time, but it was a fun couple of hours wasted....

so just a few pics

Last edited by Guest; 01-06-2014, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Nice work sir, I am dying to tear mine down.

Comment

Thanks....

I got tired of waiting for the warmer weather, and since no heat in the garage, I moved the assembly into the basement....The wife don't really like it, but I am trying to keep it to a tidy mess.....

I still do all the cleaning in the garage, trying to keep the smells down and out of the house as much as possible.

I thought you were well underway with your teardown, and I was going to be getting ideas from you.....on what to do on mine....LOL

I would like a cheap/inexpensive rear shock to replace the current one, that I don't think works, as the dampening gizmo is busted, has some teeth ground down so if you turn it too much it gets stuck and you cant' turn it back down...and I don't really know if the shock itself is still good....

otherwise I am making headway, bit by bit.....

if you find a spare set of left and right mid fairings let me know.....

Last edited by Guest; 01-05-2014, 10:45 PM.

Comment

laser exhaust 4-1

I have an opportunity to get this exhaust, it might not be a Yosh, but it's a 4-1 and it's not in too bad condition, and the price is reasonable, any one have some thoughts...

a few pics

Comment

and a few more......

Comment

Looks really long doesn't it ,brian

Comment

Looking at it on it's own....it sure does.......LOL

Here is a pic of the exhaust on the bike (not my bike )

Comment

It looks good on the bike ,maybe you can find another canister down the road,yosh or kerker,I just spent a day on my Bassani cleaning it up to paint turned out ok,Brian

Comment

Originally posted by harley10 View Post
                        It looks good on the bike ,maybe you can find another canister down the road,yosh or kerker,I just spent a day on my Bassani cleaning it up to paint turned out ok,Brian
                        If I strip off the part that says LASER, and just polish it up, one would never know what it is, well to the untrained eye of course....

I just like 4-1 pipes on bikes, so this is a great find for me....I still have the OEM pipes, I will clean them up and put them away, or try to get a few bucks for them...they are not in the best shape, but a bit of cleaning and paint would make them look presentable...

now I just wonder how the bike will run with this exhaust, I am sure I will have to fiddle with jetting and such......

Comment

You might get lucky and not have to do anything with carbs , I have many bikes that never had to touch carbs , as long as pipe is not extreme and that one looks mild to med ,whose FZ ,pic with that pipe on it , nice bike, brian

Comment

Lets hope nothing needs to be done, that would be the best....LOL

The pic of the bike is from the guy who I purchased the pipe off of, he got himself a Yosh pipe, that is a European paint scheme, the guy is out on BC

Comment

IIRC the 4>2>1 are really good mid-range boosters exactly what you use most of the time.I think cleaned up it'll look cool

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
                                IIRC the 4>2>1 are really good mid-range boosters exactly what you use most of the time.I think cleaned up it'll look cool
                                Perfect,,,just what I need, even more power than what the bike already produces....I am gonna get myself in trouble on this thing, I can just see it...

Comment

Working...
                                X