1985 Yamaha FZ750 - rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stem is in....

Well tonight I cleaned up the upper and lower tripple tree, then pulled out the new bearings out of the package and put it all back together, going to leave the trees naked as I like the polished look, and I am too lazy to paint...it's still too cold outside...

trees cleaned, bearings in, and all put back together....

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
      Perfect,,,just what I need, even more power than what the bike already produces....I am gonna get myself in trouble on this thing, I can just see it...

Yeah they don't do that much I could get into trouble wicking up the EF to but I'm an old slow git

Comment

shock assembly

Well was a wee bit bored tonight, so I decided to do a bit of a mock up on the rear shock and front forks, just a mock up, nothing is tight or bolted to spec, just wanted to see how it will look, there is still lots of painting and cleaning to do before I can start real world assembly....

so a few pics, on how I wasted a Saturday afternoon....

Comment

more cleaning

Well, it's cleaning time still...Getting all the parts ready at once, so as not to waste time and brushes...even took the front forks apart tonight, going to order the seals and dust caps tomorrow, along with the R1 throttle tube and grips, the PO seemed to have a non matching set on the bike...

well as always a few pics....

Comment

99$ parts fz. Go now

Kijiji Ontario > Toronto (GTA) > City of Toronto > cars & vehicles > motorcycles > motorcycle parts, accessories > Ad ID 559088770
            Back to Search | < Previous | Next >
            Fz 750 parts bike
            Watch | Share | Print | Report Ad

Comment

Thanks....

Visit Kijiji Classifieds to buy, sell, or trade almost anything! New and used items, cars, real estate, jobs, services, vacation rentals, and more virtually anywhere in Canada.

this looks like the bike I was looking at back a few months ago, I really wonder if it is the same one....pictures kinda suck to be sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was...

maybe I go see him on the weekend....

Thanks for the tip...

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
                Thanks....

Visit Kijiji Classifieds to buy, sell, or trade almost anything! New and used items, cars, real estate, jobs, services, vacation rentals, and more virtually anywhere in Canada.

this looks like the bike I was looking at back a few months ago, I really wonder if it is the same one....pictures kinda suck to be sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was...

maybe I go see him on the weekend....

Thanks for the tip...

What sad motorcycle!!! Probably worth it for the rusty Yosh pipe and if the ignitor is any good. I think those where prone to failure. I know mine did.
                '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/
                https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4306/35860327946_08fdd555ac_z.jpg

Comment

If I have not already committed verbally to the guy for the LASER exhaust, I would probably jump on this, the Yosh pipe I can clean and paint and wrap if need be, there are 5-10 other parts on it I could use and keep around, otherwise it will just go to the scrap yard, might get a few bucks for the weight that's in it....

I just got rid of my parts bike a few months ago, at least mine did not have a seized engine.....LOL

And it is the bike I went to see a few months ago........back then the guy wanted 750 bucks........now down to 99

funny thing is he did not mention a seized engine back then, but he couldn't get it started, since he had a weak battery....

I don't know if it's the same guy selling as before, different address and phone number so it might not be, maybe this guy is selling to recoup anytime he might have spent on it to see if he could get it to work....LOL

all kinds of $hit out there.....

Last edited by Guest; 01-14-2014, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Great Progress!

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
                      Great Progress!
                      Thanks.....

I am getting there, one bolt at a time....LOL

Comment

rad ready

Well not a lot, but something, at least it's moving forward.....

Rad is almost ready, didn't paint the part that hold the fan yet, so I can't do a full assembly. I will get to that by the weekend....

Comment

painting

Well, finally got around to a bit more painting, getting there, almost all is now done, and I will be able to start some serious assembly....

fork tubes are done, seals are in, so those I can assemble, as well as some of the other items can be put back on the bike....

There is still a long way to go, but I am happy with the progress so far...

and of course some pics....

Comment

Hey you are steaming right along. Good stuff! I hope you can get the screws out of the masters by the way.

I guess I need to speed up on the "tins" at this rate.

Comment

Thanks buddy......

I actually already had the screws out, and all taken apart, I popped them back in just to hold the cover on and in place, before the paint fully cures I will unscrew them a wee bit so that they don't get frozen in place, and I don't crack the paint...trying to remove them once everything is dry...

lots of time for the tins......still need to paint the engine, brake calipers, and some other items....rad is done, and put back together, but I did not take any pics...

Comment

moving along

Well, just moving along, bit by bit, taking things apart and getting them ready for paint, finding issues, as you can see the foot rest has a break in it, but for now it will stay as is, I am sure it will hold up, I don't have the time right now or the cash to get it fixed.

So as long as I keep moving forward and doing something, it won't be long before it's done.....

and of course a few pics...

Comment

Working...
                                X