No announcement yet.

1985 Yamaha FZ750 - rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Gatekeeper, nice work! I love watching the progress. I also wanted to let you know that the guy that sent you exhaust cans? I think. Fron victoria. Bill. He works for Island BMW where I got my bike. Nice guy with an FZ he is rebuilding. Am I right?
    Cheers
    No signature :(

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
      Hey Gatekeeper, nice work! I love watching the progress. I also wanted to let you know that the guy that sent you exhaust cans? I think. Fron victoria. Bill. He works for Island BMW where I got my bike. Nice guy with an FZ he is rebuilding. Am I right?
      Cheers
      Thanks for the compliment, and at least I have some progress, it stalled for a while, but I am getting back into the swing of things....

I actually got the whole 4-1 LASER exhaust from the guy, and yes his name is Bill W, I won't put the whole last name, but it sure sounds like it can be the same guy. I am glad to hear he is a descent guy, he must be right, he works at BMW....LOL, if you see him again say hi to him from me....and yes he does have a FZ, but I was not aware that he was rebuilding it....

Cheers....

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
        Thanks for the compliment, and at least I have some progress, it stalled for a while, but I am getting back into the swing of things....

I actually got the whole 4-1 LASER exhaust from the guy, and yes his name is Bill W, I won't put the whole last name, but it sure sounds like it can be the same guy. I am glad to hear he is a descent guy, he must be right, he works at BMW....LOL, if you see him again say hi to him from me....and yes he does have a FZ, but I was not aware that he was rebuilding it....

Cheers....
        Yep that's him. Yeah he is a good guy. I met him before I bought the bmw. He ran a casual bike night in victoria that i went to a few times. He said he has joined gsr. I told him to follow you thread. Small world. Wouldn't want to paint it though.

Comment

WOW, that is cool.....

I just sent him an email, letting him know I have friends in high places, and if the exhaust don't work out, Trevor is coming after him.....just kidding,,,,but I did send him an email about our conversation, and to join us here if he can...

ya I wouldn't want to paint it either....

Comment

Pipe and Things Part 1

Well from yesterday to today, a whole lot was done, some stuff was for the wife, have to keep her happy, and some was for me, keeping the project going....

first thing was the opening of the wall between the kitchen and the family room....this is to keep the wife happy, she likes an open concept, and since we moved in here last year this was on my, Honey To Do List, well it finally got done....

and in the middle of that I was able to clean the swing arm and get it ready for painting, which will happen in a day or 2

and since I am writing this today, I find out that the pipe I purchased off a guy (Bill) out on the west coast has been delivered to the house and is sitting in a box in the front hallway.....

read on.....

Comment

Pipe and Things Part 2

Well as mentioned the exhaust arrived.....

I can tell you one thing, this guy know how to package, this thing went from one end of the country to almost the other, and it's in great shape, even the box stood up and took no abuse.

It probably took me close to a half hour to unpackage it all, and I will say I couldn't be happier with the purchase, it's in great condition, it will need a bit of sanding, and painting, but once done, it will look great on the FZ.....

I can't wait to put it on....

so a few pictures.....

Comment

Glad you are happy with it GK...I will let Bill know.

Looks great...and so does the house.

Comment

The pipe and the house, both now need to be finished up....LOL

but I think once done they will look great....

Yes if you have a chance and you see Bill, Thank him, I am pleased with the transaction...

by the way, let him know, I think he was running rich, the inards of the pipe really smelled of gasoline......I will be sure to clean it out......I am sure 10-15 thousand rpm will do it just nicely.....

Comment

bloody hell.....again....

I don't want to talk about it,,,,,but it involves the forks, the fork oil, and a friggen mess....

enough said....

Comment

a bit more progress

Well after the fork oil fiasco, and it's all over the place, and now the forks have to be drained, and the proper amount has to be put in, but I will leave that for another day, mainly because I don't have anymore fork oil.....LOL

So I decided to move on, and do some more painting, I painted the inner part of the rotors, the foot rests and the swing arm....I really love this POR-15 stuff, it can be brushed on, so no over spray, and I can do it in the house, it stinks a bit, but I have the bathroom fan on which sucks out most of the smell and after a little while as the paint cures, the smell goes away, and all is good, if I keep the door closed leading to the basement I don't even get any smell of paint upstairs,,,,this is good, otherwise the wife would not be very happy with me......

So I took a few pictures of the parts they are almost dry at this time, and as you can see they come out really nice, well I am pleased with the results.....

and as always a few pictures....

sorry about the crappy pics, I will take some better ones, once I have the parts off of the drying bar......

Comment

Looking good , this winter is dragging on yeah , Spring please come, lol

Comment

Awesome work GK!

Comment

Originally posted by harley10 View Post
                            Looking good , this winter is dragging on yeah , Spring please come, lol
                            Originally posted by Good Times View Post
                            Awesome work GK!
                            Thanks guys.....

yes it would be nice to get winter over with....unfortunatley we still have a few months left....if it wasn't this 20 below temps, it would be OK, could work in the garage, but it's just too cold....

I can't even paint the engine, and it's to heavy to bring into the house, then again I can't spray in the house anyways...LOL

Comment

GK, are you actually using a brush or foam?
                              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Yup, a brush. each and every part has been done by a brush.....I cannot spray in the house...LOL, or anything similar to have it floating in the air, the wife would kill me....LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X