No announcement yet.

1985 Yamaha FZ750 - rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm good to go but not in the mood. Enough of this already.

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
      and to think it was Plus 5 yesterday, and today we might see up to 20cm of snow.....

Damire, I reckon we should exchange homes for holidays... you could come enjoy mild climate and I'll have a bottle of Sljivovica ready for you, you could even ride my GS... and I wouldn't mind seeing snow again... it's been many years...
      GS850GT

Comment

You adding the gold accents to the engine?

Looking good!!

Comment

Originally posted by psyguy View Post
          Damire, I reckon we should exchange homes for holidays... you could come enjoy mild climate and I'll have a bottle of Sljivovica ready for you, you could even ride my GS... and I wouldn't mind seeing snow again... it's been many years...
          No problem......as soon as I retire, we can exchange for say....6 months at a time, you come here for the winters, and I take your place for the summers, you get the house, the cars, the bikes....I'll even leave the snowmobile since it's winter, you won't get the GS out of the garage,,,LOL

I have a high school buddy down under, catch up with him every couple of years, right now I don't know exactly where he is at....I should find out and see if he is near you....

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post

Looking good!!
          Not really sure, there is nothing gold on the bike, so I don't know, I was thinking of just doing the lettering on the valve cover, and on the one on the clutch cover, just to have that little bit of gold, and was thinking of silver possibly as well it would match more with the SS screws and brake lines and little bits of polished aluminum..

Was thinking of a gold chain, if I find one cheap enough, and down the road some new rotors with the gold inlays....but that is down the road...

I was going for the black out effect, but who knows how the end product will be.....

Thanks for the compliment...

Comment

SS Bolts

Well going to dress up the engine a bit, and change out some of the more noticeable bolts on the bike with Stainless Steel Allen Cap Head Bolts....

All of this for 22 Canadian dollars....

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
              It USED to have some. He chose to paint them black ...

Comment

The gold is just not fitting into my scheme......LOL

Comment

Jeez, you should have gotten gold anodized bolts to keep everyone happy.

Comment

Originally posted by spyug View Post
                    Jeez, you should have gotten gold anodized bolts to keep everyone happy.
                    then I would have to get gold brake lines as well, and gold rims, and......

Nope, staying with the black and Stainless Steel theme....

Maybe a hint of gold just on the lettering on top of the valve cover and the clutch cover,,,,,that is enough gold....

Gold is expensive, I cannot afford it....

Comment

SS Bolts Installed

So I braved the friggen cold in the garage and went to put the nice shiny SS bolts in their place....

ohhhh ya, looking good....

sorry about the crappy pictures, it's friggen cold in the garage.....

Comment

That looks so much better then all the bolts painted black. I've always disliked engines that look like they were dipped into a vat of paint. Contrast is everything.
                        1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Thanks.....and I agree....

My intent was to add some contrast all along, there are still a few to be done, but it will be latter, I have to turn the engine the right way, finish painting and then add the rest...

Comment

GK, i have never heard of Pacific Fasteners.
                            Do they sell to the public? Do you have to buy in bulk?
                            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                              GK, i have never heard of Pacific Fasteners.
                              Do they sell to the public? Do you have to buy in bulk?
                              They sold too me, and I am just Joe Public.....LOL

yes they sell to the public, cash sales, and if you want one bolt, or one washer, or a thousand, it's all the same to them....

I walked in just before lunch, the young lad too the paper I had written all the various bolts and stuff I needed, and in about 20 minutes he had everything in separate baggies all marked, and paid and went back to work a very happy customer...

I used them for most of the bolts and what not I needed for the GS...

you can even send an email of your needs, they will prepare it for you and you just come and pick up, pay and off you go....

Comment

Are you going to fill in the "YAMAHA" on the crank side cover in silver or ?

Comment

Working...
                                X