No announcement yet.

1985 Yamaha FZ750 - rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah , it was a great day despite the lack of ability to get her running. Thinking back on it, I think for the future, we might have gotten it sorted sooner had we not gotten into the brew until it was running.

Oh well, "all's well that end's well"

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
      .....i don't need no stinkin' airbox.
      Surprised it runs that well without one, nice.
      I like the raspy bark from the Laser.
      YUP, and she don't run much different with the box on....LOL

and I still prefer my Yosh pipe on my GS, but this one will grow on me, it's a bit more mellow, but still has a nice sound.....

Comment

Originally posted by spyug View Post
        Yeah , it was a great day despite the lack of ability to get her running. Thinking back on it, I think for the future, we might have gotten it sorted sooner had we not gotten into the brew until it was running.

Oh well, "all's well that end's well"
        at least we did not start drinking right at 10 a.m. could have been much worse....LOL

Well I think I fixed up the sticking start button, took it apart, cleaned it, lubed it and it seems to work better....

took all the plug caps off, put some dielectric grease, and put them all back together, and YES she did fire up.....I tested......

So now it's a matter of buttoning up the small stuff, get the rubber ordered and chain, certified, plated and she will be good to go.....

YAY.......

Comment

Tins On

Well, it's been a while, and I have not really been at this since the last time at getting her running, and a bit of time constraint due to life I have not had a chance to do much, heck I haven't even ordered tires and chain, but today after coming home from work, even that was not scheduled I decided to see how the bike looks with it's clothes on.....

so I dressed her up a bit, and even I do so say so myself, this bike is looking good, I did not put on the mid fairings yet, they kinda don't line up properly and I didn't have any nuts and bolts to even try to hold them in place, but there is time for that as well.....

so this is the tins, in primer, and will be actually finished in a matte black, once I get around to it....

so a few pictures..

Comment

I like the look of the matte windshield.
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

brakes bled and rims are on

Well I put my rims on, this way I could bleed the brakes front and rear, I also bled the clutch, and installed the gear shift lever

not much but everyday it's one day closer to completion....

as long as something gets done...

Last edited by Guest; 05-03-2014, 02:40 PM.

Comment

tires and chain

Well I placed an order with Pete's Superbike on Thursday, and my tires and chain arrived today just after lunch....

now to get the tires on, the chain on, and give this bike a run for it's money....it's been a long haul and I just want to see how she goes...

A couple of new tires and a new GOLD chain.....

Comment

Looking good. Not long now my friend. Looking forward to seeing you ride.

Cheers,

Comment

Tires will be mounted tomorrow night......

Chain same night but I have to do it....LOL

should be rolling by the weekend....

Comment

Tires mounted

Well a slight change of plans, and this time for the better, got a call from the guy that was going to mount and balance the tires for me, to stop by tonight if I had the time, well of course I have the time, and was on my way as soon as I had the rims off the bike and into the back of the SUV....

Got to his place, and in a bout 45 minutes he had the tires on and balanced...

Zipped on home, and me being one not to wait, I got changed and back into the garage to put these nice new sticky rubbers on the bike....

rims and tires are on, brakes are on, front end all torqued to spec, rear almost done, can't do the main axle as I still have to put the chain on, but the calipers are to spec, so she is almost ready to Rock and Roll.....

So here we go.....just a few pictures...

Comment

Starting to get exciting....
                        Charles
                        --
                        1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Yup.....

If all goes well, she might be on the road by the weekend.....if not fully on the road at least a test ride.....

Comment

Chain on......

Well I was able to get the chain on, and not only that but after it was all in place, I even took her for a test run......

WOW, WOW, WOW

Running like a brand new bike, everything works as it should, OK brakes are a bit soft, so I might have to bleed them a bit more and see if I can get any trapped air if it's in there...

The months of work really have paid off, and I am proud of myself, once again....

Can't wait to get her plated and scrub in the new tires and really give her a run.....

It's going to be a great summer

and of course a few pictures....

Comment

First time outside

And a few shots of her outside since I started the rebuild

I feel like a proud dad, all over again.....LOL

Comment

WTG! Can't wait to hear a sound track and see her after you finish painting it.

Comment

Working...
                                X