GSXR refresh.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSXR refresh.

Lucked out on a nice '89 GSXR 1100. 25k with a few nicks out of it but looks like they're just from transporting. Doesn't look like its been down. New chain, sprockets, tires (although the rear looks like it's had a burnout), new battery and carb kit. Only ran on 2 cylinders when I went to view but got it home and put more gas in and it fired on all 4. The Wolf pipe is pretty much the most ridiculously loud pipe I have ever heard so that may have to go but we'll see how long my wife lets me keep it.
    Attached Files

And another.
    Attached Files

Comment

Love it! Tell your wife to call me first when it's time for it to go! :-D
      2005 Suzuki Hayabusa
      2010 Suzuki GSX1250FA
      2015 BMW RnineT

Dave

Comment

That's a beauty of a bike! Very nice find--hope you get to enjoy it for many years.

Ed
        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)

Comment

Absolutely Killer!
          I'm modding my 90 Katana 750 with 92 GSXR 1100 parts and paint job, just got a vintage seat cowl too.
          Interesting what you said about the loud pipes, I'm getting advice to dump the Katana 1100 dual exhaust I have on there and go with 4>1, maybe from a Bandit 1200.
          But I'd only be losing one muffler 5-10 lb, then having a really loud bike. Would not be happy riding a loud bike.
          "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
          1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
          1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
          1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Mark stopped by my house with the bike after picking it up. He got a great bike and a great deal. Fixed those pics for ya...

No signature :(

Comment

I have always had a thing for the 2nd generation gsxr1100 88-90. is it correct to call it a slingshot even though that was really something else . the carbs of limited 750?

are they considered rare?
              SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Nice looking bike. The pipe probably needs some packing. Stainless wool is the way to go on repacking. I got some of of ebay.

when you wrap it use gloves, teh SS is sharp and even a little strand will cut right through several layers of skin before you know it.

Comment

Very nice!
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------
                  2014 BMW F800GSA | 1981 GS850GX | 1982 GS750T (now the son-in-laws) | 1983 GS750ES | 1983 Honda V45 Magna (needs some love) | 1980 Yamaha GT80 and LB80 "Chappy" | 1973 and 1975 Honda XL250 projects

Comment

I have a nice Supertrapp can off one of the 1150s that I'm going to try and fit. The bend looks very similar. The can on the Wolf is so small that I'm not sure if packing it will make a whole lot of difference. I have never done it though so that's just me guessing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark1 View Post
                      I have a nice Supertrapp can off one of the 1150s that I'm going to try and fit. The bend looks very similar. The can on the Wolf is so small that I'm not sure if packing it will make a whole lot of difference. I have never done it though so that's just me guessing.
                      If there is no packing, it will make a whole lot of difference even on a straight through pipe. I has a first gen 86 GSXR1100 with a can and no packing and it was so raspy, would literally hurt your ears. Much better with steel wool.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                        If there is no packing, it will make a whole lot of difference even on a straight through pipe. I has a first gen 86 GSXR1100 with a can and no packing and it was so raspy, would literally hurt your ears. Much better with steel wool.
                        Thanks posplayr. I really do like the Wolf just for nostalgia reasons. I had Wolf pipes on my RZ 350 when I was 16 and loved them. Surprisingly, the GSXR isn't all poppy and farty even with such a lack of restriction, so the guy that put the carb kit in must have gotten it right. (or close anyway). I'm going to try to pack it. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                        X